Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Premium Member
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had several customers request instructions for the removal of the stock side markers on a c7. Here is a quick run down on how to do so.

For the rear, you must first pull back the factory stone guard. These are snapped in by spring metal clips and can me easily popped off using a flat head screwdriver.

Attachments

· Premium Member
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Once the stone guard is pulled back, this will allow access to 2 torx t15 screws. Remove these 2 screws. Once these are removed, you can gain access to the backside of the side marker where there are three squeeze tabs that you must depress in order for the side marker to pop out.

Attachments

· Administrator
17,550 Posts
Thanks for posting this series- very clear guidelines.

· Registered
1,905 Posts
If you go ahead and take that bottom bolt out on that rear stone guard you can easily take it off and not have to fight the sucker while you are removing the torx screws. to get access to the side marker back side. Nice pics and instructions!

· Registered
450 Posts
Thank You, can't wait till mine arrive
Hopefully mine come this week, I am doing the rear splash guard at the same time on the rear so Ill be removing the bottom screw as well. Cant wait, darkening this bad boy up!!

· Registered
59 Posts
I just installed mine today (the tinted ones) on my '14 Laguna Blue Tint Vette. They look awesome, and the install was easy. I only had two small issues: The silicone sealant was a little heavy on two of them causing them to bulge out too far, so I trimmed it down a bit with an Xacto knife, being careful not to damage its primary sealing purpose. And one didn't work, I found one wire was loose on the connector that plugs into the wiring harness. Those comments are not meant to detract from how great these things look and work, I'm very happy!

· Registered
345 Posts
I wondered why I hadn't bought these already, Then I saw the price,,,,,,,, OUCH!!!! I have to see a value/price relationship that I don't think that I see here. Maybe later?

· Registered
59 Posts
Spendng the money really depends on how much the car is ingrained into your day-to-day lifestyle. My job is intense, stressful, and driving is one of the few things that allows me to leave that behind and just enjoy - the journey not the destination sort of thing. The Vette is an extension of me in that sense and I treat it like I'd treat myself. Yes, it's well worth it to me, because it brings me enjoyment and keeps me sane. If I didn't care about driving I'd buy an appliance like a Camry - but we bought Corvettes! So we understand...

Ok, I'm down off the soapbox, forgive me. I get it may not be worth it to some, and that's ok. But every little thing I've changed, customized, has made it just a little more like me, a representation of how I feel and what I like. Thank you for reading this far!

- Steve

· Registered
345 Posts
Steve, I agree completely with everything you said. I don't mind spending money. I rather enjoy it, especially if I'm spending it on me! My job isn't very stressful however, and I must be able to see a perceived value in something in order to buy it. For me there has to be some correlation between price and value/utility. I just spent $150 for splash guards. There can't be $5 worth of plastic in all four pieces, and only 1/2 inch, or less than 1/10 of any of them show. With that said, I can look at them and think, "not bad for $150." I just don't see the bang for the buck at the prices there asking. I don't begrudge anyone making a buck. I'm just sayin!!!

Reactions: greggshere

· Premium Member
1,027 Posts
LED retrofit. Night Sky Vehicle Car Automotive lighting
look at the stock side markers and you will see a big difference .

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.