Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My RPI side skirts showed up today.

My questions are, should I take the protective plastic film off the rockers of the car, which is shot, and not replace it or replace it?

Do I really need it once I have the side skirts installed?

·
Registered
463 Posts
My black skirts are constantly filthy looking. Even with my coating. It's aesthetically very annoying. Just something you'll have to live with :(

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm talking about the plastic film on the rockers and rear quarter panels.

The film is blasted with rock gouges.

Do I need to replace it or do I need it once the side skirts are on?

·
Registered
755 Posts
C7Jake & Z51Stingray:

C7Jake, great badging, my goal as well. Not sure about the side "RAILS" yet. Could be hoist issues down the road as was my ZR1. Are you running a non Perf. Exhaust system?
Z51Stingray, my advise would be if you think the factory film is screwed and not sightly, then replace before installing to obtain maximum look and appeal. YOu don't want to have a problem later and have to take everything off and start over. Good question though.

STUNG:cool:

July 8, 14-3.jpg

·
Registered
371 Posts
Leaning towards Corsa Extreme...4.5" polished
Make sure you listen to sound comparisons. I was going to go extreme as well but sounded to winey . I got the corsa sport with black 4.5 inch round tips. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,432 Posts
I'm talking about the plastic film on the rockers and rear quarter panels.

The film is blasted with rock gouges.

Do I need to replace it or do I need it once the side skirts are on?
My GM installed plastic was also marked. After I installed LG Motorsports CF side skirts no more problem. Will remove the GM plastic! Great to look at and they protect the rocker panels.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With only 800 miles? Pictures? What type of driving do you do, highway/city/country?
Highway and city only.

My GM installed plastic was also marked. After I installed LG Motorsports CF side skirts no more problem. Will remove the GM plastic! Great to look at and they protect the rocker panels.
Thanks! I believe I'll be taking the plastic off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts