Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a white convertible. I thought for '15 there was an option for having the side vents painted the body color. My dealer tried to order white vents but could only order shark grey on a shark grey car. That is the only color matching vents option available. Anyone know of any aftermarket options other than me having the vents painted after delivery? I am also considering having the black hood vent painted too.

·
18,670 Posts
Order "EFY" later, as unfortunately, that option is currently 100% constrained.

"EFY:Vents, exterior, body-color painted"

Note that even when that option becomes available, the front grill will remain black, as will the two narrow/tall, outside, lower rear fascia vents.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I thought I saw a chrome, brushed or carbon fiber side vent as an aftermarket vendor.
My body man is excellent but said white can be tough to match. I may paint them red to match the red rotors. Nah, just kidding! I'll figure something out.

·
Registered
631 Posts
On the EFX Shark Grey, aren't the lower rear fascia vents painted grey as well as all the other vents?

·
18,670 Posts
On the EFX Shark Grey, aren't the lower rear fascia vents painted grey as well as all the other vents?
Not according to what I was told. The vents that are part of the taillight housing are body colored however.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Now that EFY has been discontinued, hopefully EFX is still going to be available in the Shark Grey? I'm assuming that for some reason, enough cars have been ordered with that option to continue offering it? Possibly the lower price, or just the promotion around the Shark Grey color gave it enough momentum for the volume they needed for body color vents?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I ordered my Z06 with the EFX option without seeing it! I'm imagining it will tone down some of the contrasting body parts. While some color combinations seem to work better than others, this is my one critique of the look of the C7. I hope I'm right but would love to see one of those computer generated pics of a shark gray Z06, gray wheels and the EFX option. Any takers? :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yes the vents around the tail lights are also Shark grey. I saw a Velocity Yellow 4 days ago with this option. Realize when you order that option that the front grill, hood vent, rear spoiler and lower fascia will all remain black or carbon flash.

·
Registered
631 Posts
REALLY! They leave the hood vent black on the EFX Shark Gray vents option!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Are you saying that a Z51 ordered in Shark Grey with the EFX matching vents option, will come with both black hood vents AND a black spoiler for 2015?!? The spoiler won't even be in the car color?

·
Registered
631 Posts
That makes no sense at all that they would force you into a black spoiler??? Hopefully one of the moderators can clear this up.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Are you saying that a Z51 ordered in Shark Grey with the EFX matching vents option, will come with both black hood vents AND a black spoiler for 2015?!? The spoiler won't even be in the car color?
That's what I was talking about. Just too many colors. The front and rear spoilers and hood vent are Carbon Flash and the rear fascia is gloss black. To me the rear fascia should also be carbon flash to match the rest. With the Shark Grey option all of the black components should be Shark Grey then it would flow.

·
18,670 Posts
For all StingRays, base or Z-51, the spoiler IS body colored unless you additionally choose to order option "TTV", which results in both door mirrors and the spoiler becoming carbon flash black.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
That's what I was talking about. Just too many colors. The front and rear spoilers and hood vent are Carbon Flash and the rear fascia is gloss black. To me the rear fascia should also be carbon flash to match the rest.
Did they change the rear fascia for 2015? Mine is carbon flash on my 2014 not gloss black, matches the hood louvers and all of the vents.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Like Moxychacha...I dying to see a ZO6 or Z51 in Shark Grey with EXF option shark grey vents...photos please!

·
18,670 Posts
Like Moxychacha...I dying to see a ZO6 or Z51 in Shark Grey with EXF option shark grey vents...photos please!
Sorry, but we have not seen, regardless of exterior color, any StingRays with the EXF option.

·
18,670 Posts
Did they change the rear fascia for 2015? Mine is carbon flash on my 2014 not gloss black, matches the hood louvers and all of the vents.
The rear fascia remains the same for 2015 StingRay's, e.g. carbon flash black.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts