Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching throughout numerous forums and YouTube videos, to find this answer: from the side view what is the slope difference between the two on the back?

For example how dramatic of a difference is the degree angle (if you will) of the rear of the two vehicles and does it make a big difference. I love the look of the coupe from the side and trying to figure out the difference but there aren’t many good side view comparisons.

Also between red and orange, which color do you like best and why?

Thank you!

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
The pictures above show the difference, but note that the black painted nacelles make the slope look more abrupt. At least to me. I think the line of the "roof" looks cleaner with body color nacelles. Others may disagree. Some people prefer the look of the coupe, some the HTC. Regardless of looks, though, I think the HTC is so much more practical, losing no storage when the top is down.

As for color, which red and which orange? Mine is Red Mist, and it's the best color, IMHO, of any car I've even owned. That goes back to a '66 Dodge. In sunlight it is truly spectacular, and even in shade or under a cloudy sky I think it looks good. Very metallic with lots of sparkle in sunlight, close to a Candy Apple Red under the clouds.

I'm not crazy about Torch Red. I really like red cars, but TR has too much orange in it for my taste. YMMV. Note that GM is going to a new Orange for 2022. It's not metallic like the last 2 oranges have been. It's very much like the traditional McLaren race car orange which you can google. There are some photos online showing a painted fender in the new orange compared to the current Sebring Orange.

HTH.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Bob I too am a fan of the body colored nacelles, and in fact, of body colored accents all around. The really strong shape of the C8 just doesn't need all the black accents, IMHO. --BOb

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,689 Posts
I agree as when you look at the most two common constructive critiques' of the C8 it's the boomerang (nacelles) side air vents and rear-end design more particularly the boomerang as it doesn't seem like an natural integration into the side.

The body color boomerang makes it seem more integrated and cleaner look from my perspective. However, there are certain colors that pulls of the black boomerang better than others so kind of just depends on subjective tastes and likes.

When you go through the post below on C8 Aftermarket Wheels you really get to see how the color and style of wheels with Black or Body Color Boomerang gives different looks when looking at the C8 in totality.

Bob I too am a fan of the body colored nacelles, and in fact, of body colored accents all around. The really strong shape of the C8 just doesn't need all the black accents, IMHO. --BOb

·
Registered
69 Posts
The nacelles are not the side vents or “boomerangs”, as some people call them. Those are the vent trims. The nacelles are only on the convertible and they are the section of the roofline that sticks up behind the driver and passenger when the top is down.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
The nacelles are not the side vents or “boomerangs”, as some people call them. Those are the vent trims. The nacelles are only on the convertible and they are the section of the roofline that sticks up behind the driver and passenger when the top is down.
Yes, we know that. And the nacelles are also available in body color or, at extra cost, Carbon Flash (black).

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree as when you look at the most two common constructive critiques' of the C8 it's the boomerang (nacelles) side air vents and rear-end design more particularly the boomerang as it doesn't seem like an natural integration into the side.
Yes, we know that. And the nacelles are also available in body color or, at extra cost, Carbon Flash (black).
@meyerweb I was letting Kyle know the correct nomenclature. He was apparently confused and thought the side vent trim were called nacelles. As you and I know, the nacelles and side vent trim are different parts and each is available in either body color or Carbon Flash Metallic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts