Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It has been a month since I downed 5K for a new 15 vette and I have yet to get a order number. My contract is a 'refundable' contract. Can I simply walk in and demand my money back? yes? No?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I simply want to know if I can walk in and demand return of funds as the contract says 'refundable'.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes but hive it some time you just ordered
What type of vette are you looking for I know of one coming to ontario tomorrow
What dealer did you go to niagara motors

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PM me...one coming tomorrow...is a 14 though right? I also don't agree with the 'give it some time' after a month. We get significantly less in Canada but to not just input my order and start it on its way by now?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I understand that but when did you first get the 1100? 2 months?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so... I am panicking then... I was under the impression that the number was avail as soon as completely input.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I placed the order at my dealer in Dec 2013. Received my order number the last week of Feb 2014. Car delivered mid April.

·
Registered
137 Posts
It has been a month since I downed 5K for a new 15 vette and I have yet to get a order number. My contract is a 'refundable' contract. Can I simply walk in and demand my money back? yes? No?
Well, that depends on what the contract says....
"Refundable"? When, under what circumstances?
If not delivered by 2020? Who knows what it says?
You signed it...you should know...if you didn't read it first,
do it now and you will know.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And thats why I came... to ascertain the definition of refundable... Does it allow me to change my mind or is it restricted to set conditions listed?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
And thats why I came... to ascertain the definition of refundable... Does it allow me to change my mind or is it restricted to set conditions listed?
Only you know what your contract says about 'conditions'.

However, you should also read in the purchasing section the 'sticky' threads that are very informative about dealer allocations and the ordering process in general. If you ordered from a dealer with low allocations, then the wait can be very long.

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
873 Posts
Assuming your dealer entered the order on the computer and assigned it to your name, you should have been given an order number (format is RXXXXX, where the X's can be either a letter or number) before you left the dealership. Some folks found out last spring when the price hike occurred, that they were not price protected because the dealer ordered their car with the right options, but coded it as a "Dealer Stock" order. If your dealer isn't willing to give you your order number and current order status off the OrderWORKBENCH system, take your money and run. They are not being honest with you.

Reactions: rdslon01

·
Registered
37 Posts
Would it be possible for a dealership to hold off on placing any orders until prices are released?

Were any dealerships in the US able to provide order numbers for 2015 prior to the price being released a few weeks ago?

In Canada prices have not been released yet, so even if they order the car and get it here, how can the dealership sell it to a customer?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
emailed...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I feel I was a lucky Canadian. I placed my order in February, got past 1100 on two months and got my car delivered in another two months. There are a lot of Canadians that have placed their orders months before mine and have been starting to get them the past month. Most of them from out west.
Your dealer should be able to tell you how many 14 they delivered, and how many 15 orders they have taken. From that you should know if you will get your car this year. This process will take time, if your dealer can't give you good answers it's time to find a better dealer.
Scherer in kitchener delivered four 14's. They were a great dealer to work with. Forbes in Waterloo delivered four also.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Wilson Niblet are the top selling in Canada...their policy, be it good or bad, is that ones standing, or even the size of a waiting list, is not disclosed. As much as I wished there was more communication, I have to admit I have yet to find any negative reviews anywhere in the way they conduct their Corvette sales.....so....time will tell eheh.

In my initial attendance at the dealership, I received a simple handshake and guarantee that I would be driving a new 15 Vette in the Spring of next year latest. I have since been advised that there was movement because of constraints as I ordered a ZF1 rather then Z51. After asking, I was told that I would get my order number tomorrow, as he who controls that was away last week.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts