Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the new 2015 Z51 for three weeks and this feature still eludes me. I connect my iPhone, go to the SMS screen and it shows the phone connected. I press the menu item SMS Text Alert - On, so now the screen reads SMS Text Alert - Off. Is the feature on or off?

When it's on, what should you see on your display when you receive a text?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Why would anyone care about texts or even a cell phone while driving the C7?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
The screen will show you the current status. SMS - On means it's ON, when you pressed it you toggled the setting.

Those of us who still work for a living care about incoming calls and test messages because that's how we connect to the world that writes our checks. As much as I like to disconnect, and I do when I'm on vacation, being available when needed puts food on my table and allows me to own nice things like a C7.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I was able to have the car read an incoming text message aloud to me yesterday. My other car is a Subaru Forester and before that I had an XTerra. I've never had such fancy toys before.

The "info" section on the left screen displayed that a text message came in from my brother. It asked if I'd like to have it read aloud, and I pressed a button on the steering wheel to confirm, at which point the car displayed acceptable text-to-speech capability. Pretty cool, honestly.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I guess the thing that pisses me off the most about automotive infotainment systems is the total and complete lack of upgradability. Architecturally my 2014 system is identical to the 2015 but they have no upgrade path, either free or for a fee.

The next generation of car buyers simply won't accept that anymore and at some point Detroit will be forced to comply but until then we are stuck with it I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts