Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished the deal on a stingray I've been looking at last few weeks, had some trouble with this particular dealership doing so in the process but they made it right at the end, or at least I thought. I posted my story few days back with full details in another thread. Make a long story even longer after being lied to and almost being taken advantage of last week on the car I walked out on a deal for numerous reasons. I get call Thursday saying they've worked another deal close to what I wanted, so I agreed to it and was happy they were making the situation right. Told them I'd be up Sunday to pick the car up and they said "great see you then". When i arrive I find this ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1412577161.717140.jpg

Large scratch on hood which was not there last week when I looked at car. So shit happens I understand. So I proceed to say well your either gonna knock some money off and I can fix it myself (which id prefer) or have your body shop correctly fix, not doing any touch up but blending and re clearing entire hood ??? They say "Nope nothing we can do for you we've discounted enough off this car to get the deal you wanted, take it or leave it. We have people lining up for this car" ???. How unprofessional !! General Manger came over and actually agreed with the sales manger too! I'm writing letter and contacting BBB. So needless to say after two 300 mile round trips to this dealerships Im back in the market.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Wow! Again, WOW! Run from that dealership, don't walk! What a Horrible experience.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Yeah, Gregg has great advice, I think. Just run away from them.

I am not sure, what, if anything that the BBB could do in this case. Just run and never look back.

·
Registered
307 Posts
There's a million of these on lots. Look on eBay. Many brand new leftover 2014's. I personally would only want the manual. The 8 spd automatic is nothing but an automatic transmission at the end of the day, and has 2 more speeds than the 6spd on a 14. There's are plenty of unsold 6spds as people think that they are getting the latest and greatest with the 8spd. So you should be able to get what you want. This car is a dime a dozen and saturation is only a matter of time. Be sure you get some sort of deal as the rate of depreciation is now increasing as lots are becoming piled up.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! Again, WOW! Run from that dealership, don't walk! What a Horrible experience.
Yes I ran ran ran away but I always try to find faith in mankind and give people second chances.... I just feel so betrayed. Twice now I've thought I've had my dream car and twice have been let down. But it's ok I'm not giving up and I'm hoping everything happens for a reason.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Yes I ran ran ran away but I always try to find faith in mankind and give people second chances.... I just feel so betrayed. Twice now I've thought I've had my dream car and twice have been let down. But it's ok I'm not giving up and I'm hoping everything happens for a reason.
You live in Maryland, I'd go to Criswell, a forum vendor. I doubt people are "lining up" for a car with that scratch.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
That scratch is hideous. Mike from Criswell left a post on your last thread. You seriously need to contact him and be done with these jokers.

Reactions: JCar

·
Registered
142 Posts
IMO this particular car was not meant for you.
Move on! A $70,000 + purchase should be an equitable positive experience for both the dealer and the customer.
Basic rule of the game: You hold the money. They build em every friggen day!
I had a local dealer wanting $2000.00 over sticker.
He said, "they are flying out of here" I looked at him and said, " So am I"!
Hang in there! Don't fold!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Stop beating yourself over the head. Zebras never change their stripes, and it is unrealistic for you to hope one will. A disreputable dealer is a disreputable dealer. As I and others have suggested, put this behind you and contact Mike Furman at Criswell, which is about 50 miles from you.

Reactions: LT1xL82 and glen e

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The name of the dealership is Lindsay Chevrolet in Woodbridge VA. As soon as I return home from OC corvette weekend I'm heading to Criswell Chevrolet.

Reactions: Vigilance247

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Great move! Although I have never met Mike, his posts on the forum speak volumes. Even when people don't live near him, when they are posting about purchasing concerns, I say, "Check out Mike @ Criswell!"

Especially since you live close to him, you owe it to yourself to go and just see if it is possible for him to help your particular situation or not.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just out of curiosity if you buy from Criswell or MacMulkin and you live out-of-state ... how are you able to purchase an extended warranty, tire and wheel coverage, etc?

Reactions: JCar

·
Registered
873 Posts
Just out of curiosity if you buy from Criswell or MacMulkin and you live out-of-state ... how are you able to purchase an extended warranty, tire and wheel coverage, etc?
Just ask for it? I bought both of my recent vettes from Fichtner Chevy in MT, while I live in northern MS. I got an extended warranty (GMPP) and Tire &Wheel coverage on both from the dealer. Will get it on my Z06 when it is finally built.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Doesn't it also depend on the laws in the state in which you live and will register the car? Good selling dealerships will know all of the details.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts

·
18,669 Posts
RJ3, so sorry that they screwed up your car and you were right to walk away. As many have posted, [email protected] is real close. Give him a call @ (301) 212-4420!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I'd like to see how you would have filled out GM's survey if you had purchased the car.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'd like to see how you would have filled out GM's survey if you had purchased the car.
Wish I would of had the chance. I'm writing letters and reviews but probably won't get me anywhere. I just feel bad for the next person that purchases that Corvette it will have paint work on the hood and a decent body shop or dealership will be able to measure the paint thickness and tell immediately and it will lose a lot of value..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts