Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had many vettes over the years but my first love has always been Porsche. Finally for my 40th I decided to get a 911 Turbo. I traded my 2017 Z06 in Sept and ordered a 911 Turbo with a boat load of options.

I've had the Turbo for about a week.

I can honestly say that my Z06 was just as fun to drive and dare I say performed almost as well.

But - I drove the 911 home in a wintery mix storm and it drove like a truck. The 911 has small back seats for my kids. The fit and finish is 100x better. It will hold it's resale much better as well (Already offere 20k more than what I paid).

Z06 Pros

Exhaust sounded amazing
More fun to Drive
Convertible top was excellent
More bells and whistles (remote start, top up and down from key, ...)

911 Pros
Faster (believe it or not)
Better in All Weater
Spot for kids in back
More looks when Driving
More exotic
Unbelievable Resale
Fit and finish is incredible
More room inside
More headroom

There is no way the 911 Turbo is worth 2x a Z06. I will be back one day.

·
18,666 Posts
Congratulations! Happy and safe driving. Know you will be smiling in your new beauty!

And glad you are aware that you will be someday back...

·
Administrator
15,232 Posts
Best of luck and safe enjoyment triplekg! :cool:

·
Registered
631 Posts
CORVETTES are great, but you said it, the fit and finish is in a different league all together. Enjoy that beautiful quality ride!

·
18,666 Posts
I hope all who are posting accurately about historical data about Corvettes’ paint finish, get a chance to soon see the ones painted in the new paint shop. Quality is majorly improved!

I agree that overall the Porsche are still fit and finish leaders.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm always interested to hear the experiences of those who own/have owned cars other Corvette. The Turbo is in a class by itself. I'd love to drive one. Keep us posted as you rack the miles up!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I’ve owned a Carrera and a Targa...

Like a beautiful woman

As much as they are the same, they are also so so different.

There is no comparison, what’s important is how each one makes you feel & what makes you happy in this moment.

Congrats

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guy.

When u step on the turbo and you hear the wind pass through the side vents it's amazing.

I basically came back in here to say the Z06 is such a special car and I miss it.

Took the Turbo for a long ride tonight. It hugs the road like nothing I've seen before.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congratulations!
I was once a Porsche-phile back in the day when they were THE performance benchmark.
Now I find it hard to justify that type of coin when there are equal, if not better, performers out there for half to third the cost.
I think they are treading close to Ferrari realm in terms of price.
I think that if I were to pick the model 991.2, I would probably get the GT3 in a manual
Once again, congrats on a great car!
Make sure to keep providing feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
triplekg, congrats on the purchase of your current calling a Porsche 911, I'm sure that you'll have a blast wheeling around Ontario. Hang around SRF as much as you like, who knows when the new C8 Masterpiece ME arrives you may go :triumphant: and think. It's time to turn in the Porsche :wink:

SF
Rick

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Congrats on fulfilling your dream car. We all have our objectives and limits. For me, it was an attempt (largely successful) of recapturing at least part of my youthful experience owning a C2 roadster at age 19. Never had a Porsche, so I don't know what I am missing. Though, when they were on the market and I was working, a 928S4 sure looked interesting.

Hope to see you back someday.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I *sadly* am not on here as much as I like, but need to say this:

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

Summed up as simply as I can:

"Other" Corvette-based Forums: "WTF...you bought a Porsche...how stupid!!"
Here: "Congratulations!"

It's nice to "hang out" with polite people who appreciate all things fast.....

·
Administrator
15,232 Posts
I *sadly* am not on here as much as I like, but need to say this:

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

Summed up as simply as I can:

"Other" Corvette-based Forums: "WTF...you bought a Porsche...how stupid!!"
Here: "Congratulations!"

It's nice to "hang out" with polite people who appreciate all things fast.....
Thank you. Well stated and worth repeating. :tranquillity:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The best forum--nuff said. Charlie aka cutnout

·
Registered
74 Posts
At least this Forum doesn't get out of control when a member mentions anything about buying a Porsche over a C7. The car culture has changed over the years and lets hope it starts to improve.

·
18,666 Posts
it is and i've had 11 corvettes. Comparing a car that costs more than double to my Z06 might be something people are interested in especially when I say they are so equal in performance.
triplekg, hope you are able to keep your Turbo forever, and that its next garage stablemate is a 2022 800+ HP ZORA!

As they say, “we are saying a place for you at the table.”

·
Registered
133 Posts
Congratulations on your new Porshe, If it makes you happy that's what matters.
One thing I do have to disagree with is "More looks when driving". I think the c7 is more flashy than a Porshe, but again that's just my opinion.
Enjoy the Porshe and we look forward to your "return" :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts