Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't like the C7 tail lights? You might like this mod? Hey it's a White C-7! I know at least one of you here wants to see this image!:cool:
C7 reworked.jpg

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yep - the waiting is the hard part. I haven't seen anything not to like on the C7. Just hope it all looks as good in person versus a bunch of PIX on the internet. :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
The C7 looks better IN PERSON than any picture I have seen yet. I saw it 1/13/13 and 1/14/13. It is beautiful in person. Even the Cyber Gray car was gorgeous and I'm have not been a big fan of that color on the 6th Generation.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Personally, I like the whole back end including the taillights. Yes, the taillights are similar to the Camaro but it is not the Camaro taillights! The taillights have been round (or ovalish) forever. Kind of refreshing to step outside the box on this whole new generation Corvette!

Attachments

·
18,667 Posts
Taillight shape facts: Most of the C1's did not have round taillights. About half of the C4's did not as they became "square with rounded corners." All C5's did not have round taillights, for all of them had oval taillights. Camaro taillights are four sided, have a flat lens. The inner C7 taillights (closest to the centerline of the car) are five sided and the outermost ones are six sided and the C7's lens is deeply recessed in the center (having an outer plane and a deeply recessed inner plane for the back up lights).

·
Registered
99 Posts
I always felt the negativity and hate for the C7's tail lights was overstated, reactionary, and ignorant. The C7's rear lights and fascia are appropriate for the car's new edgier design features. C7's original rear looks great as it is.

And as stated above, perfectly round circular tail lights have not been the age-old mainstays of Corvette inasmuch as the C7 hater crowd wants everyone to believe they have been. But I am sure there will be some owners who go for the understated throwback to the C6's rear. The replacement C6 fascia on the C7 does not look necessarily bad but it lacks the full impact that the real C7 has intended to deliver.

·
Registered
214 Posts
These aftermarket rears will have to incorporate the venting that the new vette has or it will be a loss in technology. This view doesn't take into account venting and I think when they try and accommodate that this design will change from a visual perspective. For the record I'm now good with the new look.

·
Registered
186 Posts
These aftermarket rears will have to incorporate the venting that the new vette has or it will be a loss in technology. This view doesn't take into account venting and I think when they try and accommodate that this design will change from a visual perspective. For the record I'm now good with the new look.
Excellent point 2nd Stingray! You want round/oval whatever they are by a C6 you can get them for 10k off of MSRP right now since everyone knows the C7 is coming! personally I think the new rear end looks great, its distinctive as it should be for a car as breakthrough as this! Cant wait to get mine!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Since I haven't had a Corvette in the past, I'm not biased to round taillights. All I know is once I saw the new C7 it was love at first sight from ALL angles! It is such a slick and beautiful design. I gotta have it!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts