Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we have a concise list of ins and outs for ordering?

I guess my concern is that I order one, leave a deposit and I don't really have a gm order in the system but instead am letting a dealer hold my cash for some nebulous place in line.

Looking at ordering a fully loaded z51 convertible.

Tips? Suggestions?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
it is very simple - ask "do you have open allocations and if not how long before you get one??"

then build a car on the chevrolet site and take that list of options and build to the dealer....

·
Registered
463 Posts
My guy says they had two allocations but I never asked for a date. Then again I'm in Canada so maybe that's why I'm still in prelim order stage since August 26. Maybe if I ordered way sooner it would have helped.

·
Registered
680 Posts
In April, I put 3 "refundable" deposits down with 3 of the top Corvette dealerships in the Nation because I knew they would have the most allocated to them. My plan was to go with the one who called me first to place my order (which was done May 28th). You might want to consider going this route?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
In April, I put 3 "refundable" deposits down with 3 of the top Corvette dealerships in the Nation because I knew they would have the most allocated to them. My plan was to go with the one who called me first to place my order (which was done May 28th). You might want to consider going this route?
I think early on that was ok, but now even the big three are holding you to what you order. I received a document from Conti saying that once I had a personalized order with GM in the 2000 status, my deposit was not refundable, I don't blame them a bit and was perfectly happy to sign it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts