Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Id like some feedback from the group on what sites they have had good luck with listing there Corvette's for sale in and the ones they would simply stay away from. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,252 Posts
From what I have seen is that Carvana and Vroom have been paying top dollar for used C7's and reselling them because the demand has been high and it's all done online very efficiently without problems and I know a few people who have used them. GLWS

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I have seen is that Carvana and Vroom have been paying top dollar for used C7's and reselling them because the demand has been high and it's all done online very efficiently without problems and I know a few people who have used them. GLWS
Our local dealerships GM just reached out with a firm offer to buy and beat carvana today. I was like wtf is going on. Then he said it would be 2023 prolly b4 I get my hands on a C8. Good grief.

·
Administrator
16,594 Posts
Our local dealerships GM just reached out with a firm offer to buy and beat carvana today. I was like wtf is going on. Then he said it would be 2023 prolly b4 I get my hands on a C8. Good grief.
Does that mean they want to buy your C7 now, get you on the books for a C8 and you'd be without a Vette until it came in?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plus Carvana wanted me to drive a state away to make it happen. I passed on it.
Does that mean they want to buy your C7 now, get you on the books for a C8 and you'd be without a Vette until it came in?
I'm looking a second option now. They just offered to buy it outright without trading in. I wanna know what trade in will be and cost difference on a base model C8. But if I choose option 2 then yes I will be without a vette and put on a list till available and I actually go in and spec one out. The dealership will keep my vehicle trade in money until then. I was only hoping to pay taxes on the difference of a new one this year vs paying taxes on the full amount next year.

·
Registered
292 Posts
The dealer will keep your trade money? I guess that might be the only way to make the tax advantage legit but personally, I’d have to have a substantial premium to cover the lack of both the funds and the vehicle for such an indefinite time. It’s a personal decision but I don’t think I could convince myself to do that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep not happening. There just gonna buy it outright probably by end of week. Low miles helped a bunch. Just turned 5400

·
Registered
4 Posts
Trading my 15 DSoM 2lt in on a zo6, Vroom and Carvana bids were pretty high. Chevy dealership beat them both.
I figure Ill keep the Z06 for a couple years and step into a c8z. Used C8 prices are insane atm.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Parted ways yesterday. Dealership flat out bought mine. On the list for a 22 which I'm told the factory starts production on about August. Sell high I guess. Also heard that a new factory is going up to manufacturer chips in Arizona.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Id like some feedback from the group on what sites they have had good luck with listing there Corvette's for sale in and the ones they would simply stay away from. Thanks in advance.
I see you already sold your C7 but I thought it would be good to post my experience, Last September I sold my C6 for my asking price and bought my 2016 C7 at the dealer's asking price in three days. My sale was local in Mass and my purchase was in Texas. I had the car shipped to Mass. Everything was easy and painless using CarGurus. My wife is far more creative than I am so she took all the photos.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey thanks for the comments. I ended up not going to carvana because there was no one close enough to look at as im in Central Iowa. I would of had to go to Illinois. I reached out to my local dealer and they actually beat carvana. Ended up making 7k on the sale. All going towards a C8 when it arrives. Vroom Vroom

·
Registered
462 Posts
Trading my 15 DSoM 2lt in on a zo6, Vroom and Carvana bids were pretty high. Chevy dealership beat them both.
I figure Ill keep the Z06 for a couple years and step into a c8z. Used C8 prices are insane atm.
chevy dealer knows the value is going up a bit with the chip shortage. Just sell it out right, the dealer will mark it up….

1 - 12 of 12 Posts