Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Product Engineer
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, folks.

Check out this setup, the Soler Performance Modified Throttle Bodies (TB) and Soler Performance Throttle Controllers (TC). Which one does what? How?

We hope this simple presentation helps you understand. Here we compare a single driving condition under the stock setup vs. the Soler Performace Total Throttle Control (TTC) setup. It is a single point of reference to make things simpler but, the same can be said of any other driving condition between idle and wide-open throttle. Thanks.

Conclusions:

The same amount of throttle opening (25%) was achieved with both setups (Stock and Soler Prf.).
The difference is that with the Soler Prf. setup required less pedal input thanks to the TC and the engine gets more airflow/power thanks to the TB.

TC Only: Less pedal application can be made to open the throttle body the same amount.
Feels more responsive by itself by scaling information/voltage to the ECM. Zero power addition.

TB Only: For any amount of throttle opening we get more air b/c the throttle body geometry was designed to do so.
Feels more responsive by itself by adding air/power. Smoothest response curve and makes it more predictable.

Soler Prf. Total Throttle Control: TTC = TB + TC: The addition of these two independent effects above.
Feels much more responsive than any single solution, smooth, predictable, and adds a moderate amount of power at every single throttle position.

What do you think?

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
847 Posts
So if someone already has an aftermarket CAI, Ported Throttle Body and a Throttle Controller, what makes differentiates Solar or what gains or improvements in performance would one expect?

·
Product Engineer
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just in case anyone is looking for a present for themselves - or PRINT THIS OUT AND GIVE TO YOUR WIFE
I installed the Soler throttle body yesterday in my 2019 C7 Stingray Automatic - and I am totally surprised how it makes such a difference in the personality of the car during the first 2 or 3 inches (per tech specs 0% to 30%) of gas pedal travel... ! This car always felt "sleepy" or like it had a small bog until it reached 2+k RPM's - not terrible, but not spirited.
By only changing the throttle body - to the size that does not require a new tune - my car is now "woken up" in that 0% to 30% of travel range.
I actually feel like the car has more confidence pulling out in traffic from a stop. Now from the moment i press the gas pedal, the car just goes in what strikes me as a linear fashion,, it's not scary fast or out of control - but just confident and "on rails"... not sure if its just in my mind or in reality - but i swear it feels like when i accelerate at that low range of throttle, the car would down shift more often prior to the change - now it just goes without downshifting. Tip for those with a son, daughter or even spouse - wait for them to have an extra half hour and install it together (15 mins to find the tools and 15 mins to do the install). Last month i was at Spring Mountain and on their track, of course the car takes off - basically you "just floor it every chance you get" (Literally!) - there you are not in the first 30% of travel very often for very long. But in daily driving - i never realized how much time is spent in that initial range of gas pedal travel - and that's where this TB shines and you smile. Alot.
Anyone who has a C7 that has not added this - or is partnered with someone who hasn't - hint hint - Just Get the darn thing and put it in! Then smile.

·
Registered
998 Posts
So if someone already has an aftermarket CAI, Ported Throttle Body and a Throttle Controller, what makes differentiates Solar or what gains or improvements in performance would one expect?
Kyle, I have the Soler throttle body, and another brand throttle controller.

Individually, they both make a big improvement in throttle response. When combined, however, it is like driving a whole different car. It makes the car so much more enjoyable and responsive. No more delay or lag when you press the gas pedal.

They are by far the best enhancements I’ve made to my C7, and definitely worth the cost.

With Mike’s one-month money-back guarantee, try it for yourself. BTW....they are both extremely easy to DIY install. I’ll be surprised, if you return them.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Hi Mike,

Okay, I think I am ready to go for your new Soler throttle body. I will give you a call tomorrow to ask a few questions.

Thank you,

Rodney

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
847 Posts
I have the Soler v2 TB and TC and probably one of the best mods that I see instant results. The Ludacris mode is insane as I played around with it just to see the difference and kinda of scary so you must respect the added responsiveness. That said, I remain in Sport Mode at the 7-8 setting is manageable for me. One of my favorite mods!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I have the Soler v2 TB and TC and probably one of the best mods that I see instant results. The Ludacris mode is insane as I played around with it just to see the difference and kinda of scary so you must respect the added responsiveness. That said, I remain in Sport Mode at the 7-8 setting is manageable for me. One of my favorite mods!
Yeah, I don't want something that I am going to break my neck in, but I am just tired of the lag. I want to be able to pull out from a stop sign faster than my SUV can...

EDIT: And yes, I count from a dead stop. Using a 1-foot rollout for published numbers by automobile manufacturers isn't real-world as far as I am concerned. I am talking about from a dead stop.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Hi Mike,

Okay, I think I am ready to go for your new Soler throttle body. I will give you a call tomorrow to ask a few questions.

Thank you,

Rodney
Go for it, Rodney. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,555 Posts
Awaiting after install comments. :coffee::eek:

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
847 Posts
My review about 7 months ago....

I switched my Stock Throttle Body to a Ported Tony Mamo Throttle Body and saw a big difference in responsiveness. However, I had been reading so much about the Latest and Greatest in Ported Throttle Bodies which is the Soler Throttle Body in which everyone that tried it loves it.

I swapped out my ported Tony Mamo TB to the Soler TB and TC. I have to say "WOW", it almost took my breathe away and felt like an entirely different car. Talk about taking out the lag while taking your breathe away!

The Soler Throttle Controller has Eco, Sport and Ludicrous modes and as you dial the numbers up on the dial, YOU BE BETTER RESPECT the response and power as it can get away from you.

Keep in mind, I was very pleased with my 2020 A&A Supercharger install but the Soler TB and TC takes it up another notch and a great combination "BUT" I know that I have to remain discipline and sensible and not get to excited and find the right settings that allows me to get on it and manage within my driving skills.

I strongly recommend Soler Throttle Body and Controller if you are in the market!

Kyle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts