Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was hard to tell the relative speeds since you don't know who is getting on it and who is not but it sounded like the C7's were short shifting and were keeping the revs down. Even with that they were faster than the LMP2's and were running with or faster than the RSR's and Vipers. They looked very stable and accelerated with the DP's until weight and aerodynamics kicked in and the DP's pulled away.

Reactions: elegant

·
18,670 Posts
Mark,

Thanks for the videos. LOVE the sound of the C7.R's!!! Think your analysis was spot on, that they were short shifting. Do not want too much notice yet from IMSA. No more weight penalties and smaller restrictors before the 24 Hour race.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was strange, coming out of the horseshoe on the short chute before the kink their shifts were virtually silent so they weren't getting anywhere near redline. Their sound at full chat on the high banks is strange. Most of the large displacement V8's have a unique pulsing sound, no where near the shriek of the small displacement V8's and flat 6's so I'm used to that but the C7.R's sound like they are only turning 3000 rpm. I know that's not true so it must be a byproduct of their exhaust, canceling out half of the pulses.

You can hear the short shift in the 2nd video at the 0:13 mark. I'll probably go back tomorrow and see if I can get some video of them on the high bank.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reactions: elegant
1 - 4 of 4 Posts