Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
John, I've had mine for almost 2 years and don't think anyone has called it a Stingray yet.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
My club drives in a local 4th of July parade every year. In 2015, when C7s were a lot less common on the roads than they are today, I was driving in the parade and heard a young voice say "Look, that's the new Stingray!"

But yeah, mostly people call it a Corvette, I think.

Speaking of young voices, I go to the gym at a local YMCA most mornings. Some days I get there as the daycare is herding a group of pre-schoolers outside, just as I'm parking. I hear comments like "cool car," and "that's a race car!" A couple of days ago I heard my favorite comment, though: "The roof is missing!"

·
18,666 Posts
Someone, in fact two individuals on different occasions, identified our Z06 as a “Ferrari,” one saying, “I really like your Ferrari.” Guess he needed a little more brand identification schooling.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I've only owned it since Thanksgiving weekend,but on Saturday after Mass,the manager of a Taco Bell said he really liked my "Stingray"! What? Really? It only took 23 weeks. :victorious:
Well...it is a Corvette after all, why wouldn't they call it that? Only Corvette fans would know the '14 was the return of the Stingray designation.

Very rarely is my C7 referred to as a Stingray, and sometimes my 427 is called a Stingray. With all the cars out there today, I think anyone can be forgiven for not knowing all of the models and labels.:eek:nthego:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well...it is a Corvette after all, why wouldn't they call it that? Only Corvette fans would know the '14 was the return of the Stingray designation.

Very rarely is my C7 referred to as a Stingray, and sometimes my 427 is called a Stingray. With all the cars out there today, I think anyone can be forgiven for not knowing all of the models and labels.:eek:nthego:
Geez,lighten' up wet blanket. Until your reply,this thread was lighthearted, as was my intention.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
My club drives in a local 4th of July parade every year. In 2015, when C7s were a lot less common on the roads than they are today, I was driving in the parade and heard a young voice say "Look, that's the new Stingray!"

But yeah, mostly people call it a Corvette, I think.

Speaking of young voices, I go to the gym at a local YMCA most mornings. Some days I get there as the daycare is herding a group of pre-schoolers outside, just as I'm parking. I hear comments like "cool car," and "that's a race car!" A couple of days ago I heard my favorite comment, though: "The roof is missing!"
meyerweb, "The roof is missing" :) outstanding!!! Kids are so awesome and they will tell it like it is!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
29 Posts
Back in my bartending days one of the liquor salesman told me: All bourbon is whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon.

I've always thought all Stingrays are Corvettes, but not all Corvettes are Stingrays. If someone asks I'll explain the different models.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Geez,lighten' up wet blanket. Until your reply,this thread was lighthearted, as was my intention.
Mine too...sorry if I unintentionally offended.:smile-new:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Talking a different car here but when I brought my Hellcat home, my neighbor said "nice Camaro". Not even thinking about correcting him...because I'm sure that's what he expected me to do...I replied without delay "thanks it's the only one in the world".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts