Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
I own a Cayenne and it's a nice vehicle but you need to be able to afford the maintenance as it is not cheap to keep the car running properly as to many people buy these type of cars and have no idea of the cost and then don't do the proper maintenance and run into a money pit situation.Oh, and if you don't maintain that turbo then you will have lots of other issues and financial black hole.

In this situation, if you go to a Cayenne to run kids and family around, it will not be cost effective with premium gas and high maintenance cost. I love my wife's Cayenne but based on my real ownership experience, I would go with a used inexpensive SUV and/or midsize sedan with excellent dependability reputation and good mileage.

Cayenne with turbo. My next door neighbor just got one, really awesome ride, the whole fam damily fits too!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a Camaro before my Vette, I love it, it was one of those Hotwheels V8 limited edition, it even had nice value.
I need to mount a Car Seat (which legally I could do on a Vette as well), not really practical on a Camaro.
I will go to test drive the Wrangler for sure.
Any Range Rover Sport CPO owner here?
I picked a 2019 Range Rover Sport Dynamic Supercharged last year and I LOVE it. It’s the new model and I haven’t had any issues.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Have you considered buying a Tesla? It might match your needs at this time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Have you considered buying a Tesla? It might match your needs at this time.
I was coming to post something similar. I traded my Supercharged 14 Z51 M7 on a Model 3 Performance back in September. Not because I had to but I was simply bored of the C7 and made the mistake of test driving a Model 3 Performance. Hands down the best car I have ever driven and the best daily driver I could imagine. Last update dropped 0-60 to the 2.9-3.0 second range. It’s getting AutoX’d every weekend once winter is over, really looking forward to it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I went to the Houston Auto Show, saw a bunch of cars, including the C8, that helped somehow....I would like to get one after couple of years of production, which was my plan even before the harsh decision on selling my C7.
On the bright side I test drove a few cars over the past weeks and I have a short list now, not an organic one, but it's something.
I have been impressed by how nice the Audi SQ5 felt, and I also loved the Wrangler. I also want to test a Tacoma, which is probably the most sound decision in terms of value.
I read a long post on Reddit about Wrangler vs Tacoma, and I saw the best comment ever in that regard.
"Tacoma is the nice wife, always there, reliable full of love, Wrangler is the hot chick you meet in a bar, you have the time of your life with her, and then she steals your wallet and go."
Will go to test a Tacoma soon

:)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The story goes on....I found the car I was ready to buy. An Audi SQ5. The salesman gave me a "unseen" appraisal with my VIN of 38.5k for my C7.....then one day ago I hit a curb and cracked a side skirt.....Today I went to close the deal and explained what that scratch was about, they lower their real offer to 35k. I went kinda mad and walked away.
Now, I may need a word of advice here, should I try to get it appraised by CarMax "as is", or change the side skirts and wait for another SQ5 as I want to pop up?
What is the price for a pair of z06/GS skirts in fiberglass nowadays?
Thanks!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Anything I write is just an opinion so take it with a grain of salt..."unseen " appraisals? In my opinion that is always going to be higher to get you in the door with your car and a mind to sell. Hard to believe they are going to let you walk for 3K on a new purchase of a car i'm sure was North of 60K.
I'd look for another dealer with the car you want.
Or just take the skirts off and sell without them. Unless the dealer is a Corvette dealer they may not even notice or care about the side skirts.. Couple of years ago i traded a vehicle with a bunch of add ons i made to it. As I waited for my new car to be delivered i observed the sales man and a tech removing several thousand dollars of bolt on additions from my old car and they handed the parts back to me. I never asked for them and was pretty surprised they did that as they were very desirable add ons I'm sure would have gotten a future owners attention. When I made the deal I expected the car to go as is.
Just an opinion...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The fact is that those skirts were installed with rivets, they drilled holes, if I take them off those holes would be very visible. I bought a set of abs plastic skirts with black primer on Amazon for 180 USD, let's see how it goes. I will try a CarMax appraisal..

·
Registered
935 Posts
Got it.. Yep you will probably have to replace them as you have to get best offer..
Good luck..
I think most of us figured our "used" C7's would drop in value with the new C8 coming out at a $60K price point. Although I just read none have been sold at that price point. Most are going in the $80K + range. Most are 3LT, Z51 models.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts