Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
1. Love my car

2. There was a fire alarm at my office and about 15 people were taking interest in my 2014 c7 which is cool but then two d bags decide to lean on my car and take pictures. How the hell does a person ever rationalize that as being okay.

3. Despite the lean this car is amazing and makes me feel like a rock star.

·
Registered
489 Posts
You don't ever lean on a man or woman's car. Just like a motorcycle, how would they like it if I went and leaned on their woman?

·
Registered
51 Posts
1. Love my car

2. There was a fire alarm at my office and about 15 people were taking interest in my 2014 c7 which is cool but then two d bags decide to lean on my car and take pictures. How the hell does a person ever rationalize that as being okay.

3. Despite the lean this car is amazing and makes me feel like a rock star.
Their parents never taught them to respect other people's property. It's a Me-Me Society today. Everything is about ME, nobody else matters.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Their parents never taught them to respect other people's property. It's a Me-Me Society today. Everything is about ME, nobody else matters.
I totally agree. Still it is a shame. I always tell people (with my C3 and will also with my C7) do not touch she is not that kinda girl. They usually laugh but they get the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
70 Posts
Never really had that one happen (that I know of). I can imagine how that would be very very aggravating! Most of the people that I've come in contact with always ask if I mind them looking at it. But again, thats only when I'm around.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I've had it happen over the years, mostly with my Porsche's but occasionally with the last Jeep SRT since it is a rather rare vehicle around here. When I see it happen I am usually not very polite, I typically say, in a very stern voice, "Please step away from my car".

I did have one situation where some guy thought it would be cool to have his girlfriend lay in the hood of my 930 to take a picture, I just about blew a gasket. Lucky I was only a few cars away when I saw her go around to the front and start to lean back I yelled at the top of my lungs, "DO NOT TOUCH THE WHITE PORSCHE". The guy had the nerve to pull an attitude, probably testosterone fueled in front of his girlfriend (she was hot), it literally almost came to blows. I calmly explained that the hood was very thin and would cost roughly $2000 to replace if she either dented or scratched it, he still didn't get it........ I just turned to her and asked, since she liked the car so much did she want to go for a really fast ride, that shut up Mr. Big real fast, he grabbed her and walked away.

Reactions: Lipstic and tzmama

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yeah we should start a new thread of stupidity out there. Years ago I had my other corvette being serviced, just regular oil change. It was new, like this one, many were dying to see it. So of course at the shop all mechanics gathered around it. One dumb a$$ puts his can of coke on top of my car on the back hatch. As Im watching it in the waiting area. I never thought my blood boiled as fast as it did that day. I ran out there & screamed "Are you serious, get that damn coke off my ca" Oh I was pissed. No common sense whatsoever.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Interesting thread...
Never had this happen to me.
Not sure how I would deal with this...however there are -
To many nut jobs with heat. Would I offer a really fast ride to some ignoramus dudes girlfriend? Don't think so. Not sure I would yell at some goofy mechanic that might take it out on my car the next time I bring it in.
Like I say...not sure what I would do. do. I do know this - when I'm caught in a blood boiling moment might find myself in a more dangerous situation if I lose my temper. All for a car? Not worth it. If there's no damage then there's no foul.
Maybe laugh it off with what I like to call "The Look"
use to use the crazy eye thing all the time on the baseball field. Lol!

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,432 Posts
Two weeks after I got the C7 in October we had our local town annual festival where about 50,000 folks attend and we have ~250 car show. Decided I would bring the C7 one time versus my usual ’34 Ford Pro Street Rod with its 502/502 big block, 16 inch section width Mickey Thomson tires etc. Few in town had ever seen a C7, including the local Chevy dealer folks! As usual I was nervous about the very young kids with their ice cream coated hands but in most cases their parents were cautioning not to touch it. I was behind the car with a microfiber cloth in hand as the judges were coming around. A 20 year old with his girlfriend were chatting about the car and he leaned on the spoiler! I quickly took my microfiber cloth and moved his elbow saying-the judges are coming can’t have any smudges! He realized what he had done and apologized profusely. No harm done but if had not been there I’m sure he would have been “impressing” his girlfriend much longer!
Despite the decked out ~10 newer Vettes from the local Corvette Club attending, the C7 won a class trophy!

·
Registered
993 Posts
13539_101982909823255_6898897_n.jpg My moment was about 10 years ago at a car show in Kissimmee FL. I was too far away to do anything except start to run back to the car. A very large female decided to sit on the front fender of my car. A saw the nose drop and my jaw dropped as well. By the time I got close she had gotten up and was moving on. No point in chasing her down at that point. Here's a shot of what she sat on.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It just makes you wonder what these people are thinking. I would never sit or lean on someone else's car regardless of how nice or not the car is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts