Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I type this message early in the morning awaiting the arrival of my C7, I wonder what it will feel like when it is off loaded in front of my house. I'm sure every member on this forum has experienced that nervous excitement feeling. I've experienced it a few times in my life, saying I do to my beautiful bride of 28 years, holding my precious daughter in my hands for the first time, holding each one of my three wonderful grandbabies for the first time, buying my first house, arriving at Parris Island (Marine Corps Boot Camp) in the dead of night, going into combat, and not to forget since I'm a gearhead, the first time I drove my C6 Corvette.

My C7 is currently enclosed in a car carrier in route from MacMulkin Chevrolet of NH. As I look outside the sky is blue with the sun peaking through the tops of the trees, it's going to be an "outstanding" day. When the C7 is off loaded from the carrier, I'm sure I'll feel like a boot Corvette owner all over again, like I did with my C6. After the initial rush, the Marine in me kicks in thinking I need to inspect this magnificent machine. Inspect the exterior and interior and the docs from the dealership, hopefully all is well.

If it wasn't for all the members on stingrayforums that provided me with outstanding information and knowledge, I wouldn't be experiencing this chapter in my life.

Thank you
Semper Fi
(Soon to be a C7 Wheelman)
Rick

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
Well written Rick, we can feel the excitement building. Thanks for sharing. :cool:

Reactions: U.S. Marine

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've awaited a number of cool cars but I have to admit that the excitement of receiving my C7 three weeks ago tops them all. This forum certainly helped and I don't think I had ever purchased any car that had so much positive press. And, this would include the likes of a Porsch 911, BMW M3 and M5, E55 AMG and SL55 AMG. That said, on the evening that I took possession of my car, I peered out my front door and looked at this car or should I say rocket ship. My 17 year old daughter walked up and looked out the door and said, "and you wonder why people think we are rich" I responded that a loaded Suburban cost more money. She looked at me and said, "It's an exotic" and she is right. It is a $68,000 exotic. One thing I would recommend is looking into investing in XPEL Ultimate for the front bumper, hood forward side panels, light covers and rear view mirrors. I am also putting it on the small section under each door going back to the rear tire. My 911 which has a similar sloped hood has suffered rock damage. This product is awesome but you have to be willing to invest $1,500 to $2,000 depending on local prices. I think it is worth it.

Hope your car comes soon but allow your dealer time to prep the car. Make sure you look over the whole car, check for panel alignment etc. A good dealer will fix those if present before allowing you to see the car. I will tell you that nearly all of them come with some orange peel but as I have said, these are not show cars but rather cars that are meant to be driven. Enjoy and I hope you have some roads near by that show off the cars capabilities.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I've awaited a number of cool cars but I have to admit that the excitement of receiving my C7 three weeks ago tops them all. This forum certainly helped and I don't think I had ever purchased any car that had so much positive press. And, this would include the likes of a Porsch 911, BMW M3 and M5, E55 AMG and SL55 AMG. That said, on the evening that I took possession of my car, I peered out my front door and looked at this car or should I say rocket ship. My 17 year old daughter walked up and looked out the door and said, "and you wonder why people think we are rich" I responded that a loaded Suburban cost more money. She looked at me and said, "It's an exotic" and she is right. It is a $68,000 exotic. One thing I would recommend is looking into investing in XPEL Ultimate for the front bumper, hood forward side panels, light covers and rear view mirrors. I am also putting it on the small section under each door going back to the rear tire. My 911 which has a similar sloped hood has suffered rock damage. This product is awesome but you have to be willing to invest $1,500 to $2,000 depending on local prices. I think it is worth it.

Hope your car comes soon but allow your dealer time to prep the car. Make sure you look over the whole car, check for panel alignment etc. A good dealer will fix those if present before allowing you to see the car. I will tell you that nearly all of them come with some orange peel but as I have said, these are not show cars but rather cars that are meant to be driven. Enjoy and I hope you have some roads near by that show off the cars capabilities.
Picked up my C7 three weeks ago. I just discovered there already is some XPEL on it. Its on the side in front of the rear wheels I'm going to do a closer inspection to see if its been applied anywhere else on the car. This was not done by the dealer and must have been done in BG as part of the production process. The car completed production on Jan 22, 2013.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I to am to be a proud owner of a C7. Ordered her on 12/27. Watched her being born last week at the BG assembly plant with my 30 yr old son.. He and I pushed the start button together bring her to life for the first time. Now waiting for the museum pick up on 3/19. My brothers are flying in from out of state to participate with us. It has been fun waiting, anticipating, dreaming. I have to admit I have gone a little overboard. In addition to ordering exactly what I wanted ( CBR GRY, Z51, 2LT Kalihari, chrome wheels, red calipers, performance exhaust ) I indulged with the buyers tour, photo album, museum pick up and museum full Expel paint protection. Even thought this I not a good "financial" decision, it will yield a lot of fun over the next ten years and provide priceless memories!

Have fun with your new car!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Picked up my C7 three weeks ago. I just discovered there already is some XPEL on it. Its on the side in front of the rear wheels I'm going to do a closer inspection to see if its been applied anywhere else on the car. This was not done by the dealer and must have been done in BG as part of the production process. The car completed production on Jan 22, 2013.
GM installs it at the factory. It's not XPEL, I think it's a 3M product. My 2009 Malibu had them as well.
XPEL Ultimate is the way to go. I'm having mine done in April.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
699 Posts
GM installs it at the factory. It's not XPEL, I think it's a 3M product. My 2009 Malibu had them as well.
XPEL Ultimate is the way to go. I'm having mine done in April.
The Corvette Museum has a package that can be purchased for museum delivery that uses Xpel. I don't think the assembly plant has anything like that. It would be interesting to see what is on the front if someone does believe they have a film from the assembly plant. :-|

MKZDRM

·
Registered
112 Posts
As I type this message early in the morning awaiting the arrival of my C7, I wonder what it will feel like when it is off loaded in front of my house. I'm sure every member on this forum has experienced that nervous excitement feeling. I've experienced it a few times in my life, saying I do to my beautiful bride of 28 years, holding my precious daughter in my hands for the first time, holding each one of my three wonderful grandbabies for the first time, buying my first house, arriving at Parris Island (Marine Corps Boot Camp) in the dead of night, going into combat, and not to forget since I'm a gearhead, the first time I drove my C6 Corvette.

My C7 is currently enclosed in a car carrier in route from MacMulkin Chevrolet of NH. As I look outside the sky is blue with the sun peaking through the tops of the trees, it's going to be an "outstanding" day. When the C7 is off loaded from the carrier, I'm sure I'll feel like a boot Corvette owner all over again, like I did with my C6. After the initial rush, the Marine in me kicks in thinking I need to inspect this magnificent machine. Inspect the exterior and interior and the docs from the dealership, hopefully all is well.

If it wasn't for all the members on stingrayforums that provided me with outstanding information and knowledge, I wouldn't be experiencing this chapter in my life.

Thank you
Semper Fi
(Soon to be a C7 Wheelman)
Rick
Congrats Rick! After inspection, go have some fun! Best of luck to you and your baby! Don't forget to post some pictures, after your ride of
course!

Barb
AW, jet black int., 2LT, manual, carbon flash hood stinger stripe & spoiler, exposed carbon fiber roof panel, red calipers, chrome 5 spoke, performance exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

Reactions: U.S. Marine

·
Registered
66 Posts
Museum is installing Expel Ultimate for me. I believe my total cost will be around $2,300.00. Information is available on their website.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Museum is installing Expel Ultimate for me. I believe my total cost will be around $2,300.00. Information is available on their website.
Did you get your car yet? I am curious what you thought about the Museum doing the expel for you. I am debating whether I should have them do it. Thanks!

Reactions: VetteGirl

·
Registered
66 Posts
We pick up our new Vette on 3/19. Be glad to let you know how the Museum Expel Ultimate production turns out. I expect it will be first class. Just got a email indicating no plant tours during the week we retrieve the car. sorta disappointing since I have family flying in to enjoy the experience. Evidently future product is scheduled to be on-line at the Plant that has not been disclosed to the public..

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
We pick up our new Vette on 3/19. Be glad to let you know how the Museum Expel Ultimate production turns out. I expect it will be first class. Just got a email indicating no plant tours during the week we retrieve the car. sorta disappointing since I have family flying in to enjoy the experience. Evidently future product is scheduled to be on-line at the Plant that has not been disclosed to the public..
Since you are so close why not see if they can push your delivery on either side of the plant tour closure?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Thanks in advance for letting me know! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
66 Posts
My brother has booked a flight to BNA from Houston and another from Arkansas for the 19th. Too late for changes.. Fortunately my son & i had the ultimate tour last week following our car thru production!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts