Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been numerous posts regarding intermittent loss of satellite radio, and problems with the infotainment system. I'll tell you what I experienced and how, happily, this was resolved ...
The first indication I had of a problem was continual loss of the satellite radio signal on all channels ... There would be sound for perhaps 30 sec., then abrupt silence for 15 - 30 sec., then sound again, then lengthy silence. Shortly after this started happening, I got the following message on my steering wheel screen when I tried to make a call using a voice command:
"UNABLE TO START SPEECH RECOGNITION". At the same time, both volume paddles failed to work when I did get a radio signal for a short time. And lastly, when I tried to access SETTINGS, INFO,NAV, ETC. from the steering wheel controls ... THERE WAS NO ACCESS!!

I took my 2014 C7 into the dealership in Henderson, NV. The first software fix to solve the XM radio problem and various concerns with the Nav/Touch screen was to REPROGRAM THE HMI MODULE ( Nav Radio ) AS PER PI1126F 8FE7A 8F19D.
Unable to use settings feature from steering wheel or start speech recognition, was RELATED TO PROGRAMMING ON LINE 54 ( whatever that means! )
THE STEERING VOLUME CONTROLS BEING INOPERABLE: The "fix" on my invoice reads: BCM, HVAC, RADIO AND IPC PROGRAMMING AS PER PIC5948B. IPC 60DC5 S23F7 BCM S19F7 FD92D HVAC 99DEB Radio 8015D

Everything was covered by warrantee, and infotainment system is functioning like brand new!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have an appointment on Tuesday morning. I will use your detail to expedite the process.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts