Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Speech Recognition, Sat. Radio, & Infotainment failure and SUCCESSFUL FIX!!

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  elegant 
#1 ·
There have been numerous posts regarding intermittent loss of satellite radio, and problems with the infotainment system. I'll tell you what I experienced and how, happily, this was resolved ...
The first indication I had of a problem was continual loss of the satellite radio signal on all channels ... There would be sound for perhaps 30 sec., then abrupt silence for 15 - 30 sec., then sound again, then lengthy silence. Shortly after this started happening, I got the following message on my steering wheel screen when I tried to make a call using a voice command:
"UNABLE TO START SPEECH RECOGNITION". At the same time, both volume paddles failed to work when I did get a radio signal for a short time. And lastly, when I tried to access SETTINGS, INFO,NAV, ETC. from the steering wheel controls ... THERE WAS NO ACCESS!!

I took my 2014 C7 into the dealership in Henderson, NV. The first software fix to solve the XM radio problem and various concerns with the Nav/Touch screen was to REPROGRAM THE HMI MODULE ( Nav Radio ) AS PER PI1126F 8FE7A 8F19D.
Unable to use settings feature from steering wheel or start speech recognition, was RELATED TO PROGRAMMING ON LINE 54 ( whatever that means! )
THE STEERING VOLUME CONTROLS BEING INOPERABLE: The "fix" on my invoice reads: BCM, HVAC, RADIO AND IPC PROGRAMMING AS PER PIC5948B. IPC 60DC5 S23F7 BCM S19F7 FD92D HVAC 99DEB Radio 8015D

Everything was covered by warrantee, and infotainment system is functioning like brand new!!!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.