Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My head vs kph

Hi..first time to post. Bought a used convertible with 226 miles and shipping it to Saudi Arabia. Was wondering when you change the system to display kph does the left dial change to kph or not?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thought so too. .but I think the HUD would display kph right

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would assume all digital read outs would change to kph, the speedometer is an actual gauge that is already marked with mph readings and doubt that would change from a simple option change...would require a switch of gauges

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes but I noticed that the gauge has mph lighted up and beside it there is kph..so wondering if that is possible

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,435 Posts
Hi..first time to post. Bought a used convertible with 226 miles and shipping it to Saudi Arabia. Was wondering when you change the system to display kph does the left dial change to kph or not?

Thanks in advance

Where most speedos have both labeled the one on the left does not, only mph. However I never look at that one anyway, just use the digital on the HUD!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Which is the one using used. ..but if I get mixed up and look down. .and I start going 100mph on a 100 kph limit. .lots of tickets but who cares. .I saved $30k but purchasing it from the US

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
The whole front display is one big computer generated image.yes the speedometer on the left changes to metric when you change it in the settings I've done it my car

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great news...I thought so but needed confirmation.

Thanks a million. .now I can't wait till they ship it

·
Registered
305 Posts
The display on the left will change to KPH but it will have a limit of 220 (if I recall)! Our cars in Canada have a different unit and will go display a max of 330 KPH.

You can get a replacement unit, not sure of the price. But if your not worried about that the digital displays will read out over 200 KPH including HUD.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The display on the left will change to KPH but it will have a limit of 220 (if I recall)! Our cars in Canada have a different unit and will go display a max of 330 KPH.

You can get a replacement unit, not sure of the price. But if your not worried about that the digital displays will read out over 200 KPH including HUD.
Too bad. ..first wouldn't trust the dealer here to remove the dash. .second. .would have liked the 320 but that would never justify paying over 25k$ over to get it from the dealer here! !!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
It does change. I took mine on a road trip that went through part of Canada. A couple of button clicks and everything went metric (Nav, HUD, and gauges). Was very convenient to not have to guesstimate kph vs mph.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I guess the question is, does the digital gauge read past the 220 kph limitation of the manual gauge?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Couldn't say - never got that fast. Speed limit was only 100kph where I was driving. Even did 140kph for the wife so I would have a "Canadian souvenir" and I had a cop pass me and give me a thumbs up instead.

Wonder if someone would venture out and do 137+ mph and switch it to metric? "Legally" of course. =)

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Here's a Euro Vette for comparison:

The image shows 300 kph (186 MPH) in 5th gear, at 5500 RPM.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts