Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the convertible in Night Race Blue with the blue top (gray interior). It has the Z-51 style spoiler in carbon flash. I have been considering swapping it for one in body color (Night Race Blue). With this color car and top, which spoiler color do you all prefer? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Nobody can tell that but you.....seriously.......it's about 1.5 hours labor to get it off, paint and then another 1 hour to put it back on.....so some big $$ to make the switch

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Glen.
I also have the factory Night Race Blue spoiler, so you're right: it's just a matter of choice. I would like to hear back which one everybody prefers on this color combo car to help with the decision.

As for installation, it looks like there are numerous allen wrench screws to be removed (to take off plastic covers), then nine bolts to remove. If the template holes from the first spoiler line up with the second one, it could be set and bolted down. Is that it, or am I missing something?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I prefer the body-colored spoiler. The Carbon Flash spoiler just seems a little off in my opinion, the body colored spoiler helps bring the car together :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have a Torch Red convertible with a black top and the carbon flash mirrors, wheels & spoiler. I love the look.....but given your car has a blue top, I would lean towards the body color spoiler, especially if your mirrors and your wheels are not black..... Your post does not indicate if you have the black wheels (a Z51 car) or mirrors.....

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
I am a fan of the carbon flash spoiler. When viewed from the rear, there is a lot of black at the bottom, but not up top. I like how the black spoiler at the top finishes framing the body color in at the rear, and seems to more balance out and complete the look.

Reactions: schneid44
1 - 7 of 7 Posts