Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had posted awhile back that I have this squeak that happens when I start the car and it goes away after 10-20 seconds. I am still dealing with this issue, and thought I would re-post after having the car now for 2 years. 2014 C7 Automatic

• Squeak on on cold start, car needs to be cold, does not occur if the car is still warm.
  • Only then when shifting into Forward or Reverse.
  • Stops if I go to Neutral or Park. Stops after about 10 seconds when driving off.
  • It is not the Idler Pulley/Tensioner or Belt, I already replaced those.

This is still driving me mad. Have not been able to locate the source. Two places I have taken it to can not find it.

Thanks for any help or tips!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
II'm embarrassed to finally after 2 years of putting up with this to answer my own question. First, I spent hours today researching and the closest I could get was on a Toyota forum where someone was chasing down a similar issue. They tried much of what I did, and more. Then someone else replied with - "put a little WD-40 on the sides of the belt and cold start it and see what happens". I thought this was ridiculous, I already replaced the belt. But.. It worked, no noise, no squeak. Now I get to go mad trying to figure out why this is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts