Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, does everyone's clutch squeak when depressed? I noticed when car is off and just pressing the clutch down with my door open. Might be totally normal but wanted to hear from the crowd. Unfortunately, you will never have noticed unless you tried with what I described above. Maybe normal for clutches in general? Thanks!

·
18,670 Posts
Not speaking for the StingRay, but had two vehicles which had a squeak every time I pressed in the clutch, but both were actually in the clutch linkage inside the cabin -- and easily fixed with WD40. (Sure there are similar or enter lubricating products now.)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. So you can confirm your stingray does this as well? When I take it to dealer for whatever reason I'll see if I they can grease it.

·
18,670 Posts
Even if yours is the only clutch that is squeaking, that sound drove me crazy every time I heard it. Your dealer needs to fix it, and will,
probably do so gladly.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ether way, curious if other folks have any squeak when depressing clutch while car is off. Will be taking it to dealer though. Should be quick fix

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,432 Posts
Not speaking for the StingRay, but had two vehicles which had a squeak every time I pressed in the clutch, but both were actually in the clutch linkage inside the cabin -- and easily fixed with WD40. (Sure there are similar or enter lubricating products now.)
I agree. Think I would use a silicon spray since it is probably the clutch linkage hitting some plastic or carpet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine actually squeeks (more like the sound of two pieces of plastic rubbing one another) when the car is running. And it does so at at the initial point of depression before the clutch actually starts to engage.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm. I'll be at dealer Friday for a greasing and draining of some oil since mine is overfilled. Let you know how it is resolved. Once it is warmed up though it goes away, but I'm sure without greasing it will be there consistently

1 - 12 of 12 Posts