Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make a stage 2 Z06, one needs to only add option A or option B, nothing else. Both options modify two Stage 1 aero components, and further add side skirts.

Option A is "CFZ," with carbon flash painted aero components.

1.A. The splitter is increased in size from the stage 1's, protruding now an average of an additional 1" (now approximately 2 1/4") in front of the fascia, and, right below the front fascia fangs, the splitter "parallelly" juts out below and in front of the fascia fangs, creating, if you will, "double fangs" on both sides of the centerline. The splitter is 100% carbon fiber, and painted carbon flash metallic.

1.B. The other stage 2 aero option, "CFV" has visible carbon fiber components, It's splitter also protrudes 2 1/4" in front of the fascia, and "parallels" the front fangs. It is identical in size, shape and configuration as option "CFZ." All Z06 show cars shown to date have the CFV option. Option cost is $3,995.

2. Both options add 100% carbon fiber side skirts, though obviously CFZ's are painted carbon flash metallic, and CFV's are visible carbon fiber. Other that the coat of paint on the CFZ skirts, the skirts are again identical in size, shape and configuration. Here are the visible carbon fiber GM skirts, identical to what has been shown on all Z06 show cars.

Whether one chooses option CFZ or option CFV, the spoilers are identical! (And of course, they lack the center translucent "center bridge wicker bill" that would make it a Z07 spoiler.). Both stage 2 spoilers are a glossy black composite material. What differentiates a stage 2 spoiler from a stage 1, is that the stage 2 spoiler height is, on average, 30mm (1 1/5") taller.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Will 1 LZ be allowed to order CFV? I think for the aggresive look of the car, the CFV is a must, if I ordered CFV, does that mean I ordered Stage II aero? Thanks guys!

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is no relationship, thankfully as to what level trim one orders and the aero package, nor the Z07 availability.

One could, for example, order a Z06 with only one option, CFV -- creating a stage 2 Z06. The only difference between the stage 1 Z06 and a stage 2 Z06 is whether one has ordered an aero option (CFZ or CFV). Either of these aero packages are not merely cosmetic, nor do they add just a little more downforce, i.e., Tadge stated that adding either of the aero packages results in a 400% greater downforce.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
Will 1 LZ be allowed to order CFV? I think for the aggresive look of the car, the CFV is a must, if I ordered CFV, does that mean I ordered Stage II aero? Thanks guys!
Like John said, you can order CFV with a 1LZ trim. Also, yes, when you order CFV on the Z06, that makes your car a Stage 2.

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Pacific Edition has the same splitter and skirts as CFZ Stage 2 Z06. Here's a picture taken this weekend. Thanks [email protected]!

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great Stage 2 Z06 splitter, spoiler and skirt pictures. Thanks "ahm911!" This car looks amazingly hot in Crystal Red Metallic!

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to "Suzy Cruisy" sneaking up on a sleeping beast, we have the clearest ever picture of stage 2 spoiler. Nicely done Suzy!

No wonder GM says that going from a stage 1 to a stage 2 gives the stage 2, "400% greater downforce."

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was with Suzy....another oddity on this Z06 was the lack of a flat bottom steering wheel. Looked just like a regular stingray version. Who knows the significance of that, but maybe it was just a parts availability issue when it was built. I thought something looked different about that spoiler but I wasn't sure. I wish I would have been paying more attention to the aero packages as I saw others Z06s in the plant. This particular AW version had carbon fiber front and side splitters too, along with the "winglets" on the side of the front splitter (hard to tell from the pics)

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Pacific Edition has the same splitter and skirts as CFZ Stage 2 Z06.
Update: Oct. 29th: Contrary to what previously I posted above, have just been told by a very smart vendor, ACS Composite, that the rockers in a Z06 are so different from a StingRay, that the skirts are not interchangeable, adding that they are seriously listening to our forum input, and considering whether, in view of the major constraints on CFV and CFZ, to undertake tooling/production costs and develop Z06 skirts.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I certainly hope so John, because we all know the constraints can be a real killer when ordering our cars and has the potential of holding up the whole works, particularly in the area of aero options. At least if we encountered such a problem, we'd have options then.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I too hope the aftermarket does Z06 skirts. My reference would be to order a level 1 aero car and put skirts on that are as close to identical to the factory Z06 skirts as possible. Carbon flash. I don't particularly care if they are carbon fiber...as long as they are a quality product that is repairable.

·
Registered
502 Posts
What's your best pick of brands for the closest to "The Generals" OEM Stage 2 CFV visual cf aero?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Update: Oct. 29th: Contrary to what previously I posted above, have just been told by a very smart vendor, ACS Composite, that the rockers in a Z06 are so different from a StingRay, that the skirts are not interchangeable, adding that they are seriously listening to our forum input, and considering whether, in view of the major constraints on CFV and CFZ, to undertake tooling/production costs and develop Z06 skirts.
Hey ACS Composite, I'll be in the market for GM OEM style CFV Stage 2 Aero parts. I got constrained out of Stage 2.

I hope they are listening.....

Reactions: ZeeshanFarooq29

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Yeah, any constraints on the aero option is my greatest worry in that I've got my heart set on the carbon flash stage-2 option. However, I certainly won't hold up my order for the stage-2. It's truly unfortunate GM's suppliers can't keep up with the demand and has such an impact on the entire process. Personally, when a supplier starts costing a manufacturer time and money, then perhaps it might be time to negotiate a deal with another supplier. There's probably reasons why GM doesn't, but they certainly have every reason to do so. So, when the time comes, like Joel, I realize I may have to accept a stage-1 and then plan on making additions later I suppose.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Remember that the Stage 1 Spoiler is not a Stage 2 Spoiler.
The Base car can be fitted with aftermarket splitters, but to duplicate the Stage 2 will require the duplicate Stage 2 Spoiler as well.
If you are going for the OEM look.

I am ordering the Stage 2 like Tom and believe we will get those splitters/spoilers.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I sure hope and pray we're able to get them Bob. I really don't feel like having to piecemeal the car together just because GM's suppliers aren't able to keep up with the demand. I really don't care about the added expense, but very often the aftermarket often aren't able to duplicate the OEM pieces exactly. I too am looking for the OEM look.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Considering the roads in the area, not to mention the entrance to my driveway, I would be better off with a stage 1 splitter...if anything! I like the looks, but it might survive. I think I'll be OK with side skirts, and hope they will keep sand and gravel from damaging the side of the car.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts