Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is firmly in the category of things that aren't very important but it made me wonder so here I am. I recently purchased the Level 3 Aero kit for my Stage 2 equipped 2019 Z06. This kit includes the large carbon fiber end caps for the front splitter and the clear (sort of) wicker bill bridge for the rear spoiler (FYI, there was/is a 20% discount):

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 7.26.52 PM.png

When installed, the highest it will extend is about even with the side spoilers and it could be adjusted lower. However, when I look back at video and pictures from 2015, it appears that the center wickerbill can be adjusted an inch or so higher than the sides. Did something change or have I purchased a different part? This inquiring mind wants to know, mostly because my car is in for XPEL and Ceramic Pro for a few days so what else am I going to do.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Well it will depend upon the manufacture of your parts.

My wickerbill has two screws and if you loosen them it allows you to adjust the height and then tighten back the screws. I know because I just adjust mine up to give it a different look as I like switching things up.

See my pictures below.

This is firmly in the category of things that aren't very important but it made me wonder so here I am. I recently purchased the Level 3 Aero kit for my Stage 2 equipped 2019 Z06. This kit includes the large carbon fiber end caps for the front splitter and the clear (sort of) wicker bill bridge for the rear spoiler (FYI, there was/is a 20% discount):

View attachment 271006

When installed, the highest it will extend is about even with the side spoilers and it could be adjusted lower. However, when I look back at video and pictures from 2015, it appears that the center wickerbill can be adjusted an inch or so higher than the sides. Did something change or have I purchased a different part? This inquiring mind wants to know, mostly because my car is in for XPEL and Ceramic Pro for a few days so what else am I going to do.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it will depend upon the manufacture of your parts.

My wickerbill has two screws and if you loosen them it allows you to adjust the height and then tighten back the screws. I know because I just adjust mine up to give it a different look as I like switching things up.

See my pictures below.
Mine is from GM purchased directly from them and looks similar of course but unlike yours, the slots are such that it won't go above the side pieces but can be set lower. Doesn't matter much to me, just curious. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
253 Posts
my OEM wicker bill has essentially three notches, with the highest being about an inch higher than the gurney flaps

·
Registered
18 Posts
kgrant photos show the stage 2 wings. The stage 3 wings are much taller, and will be even, or so abouts, with the center clear piece.

·
Registered
205 Posts
A little off the original subject but related. I ordered the Stage 3 center piece for my Z06 recently and the longer bolts were not included. Knowing this I contacted my local Chevy dealer where my neighbor is General Manager. Anyone care to venture a guess at how much the 4 required bolts ended up costing? Just shy of $80! That's right around dealer cost! Retail was $29 each! What other options have folks found for these gold plated bolts that would match the others on the Stage 2 wicker? Thanks

·
Registered
253 Posts
A little off the original subject but related. I ordered the Stage 3 center piece for my Z06 recently and the longer bolts were not included. Knowing this I contacted my local Chevy dealer where my neighbor is General Manager. Anyone care to venture a guess at how much the 4 required bolts ended up costing? Just shy of $80! That's right around dealer cost! Retail was $29 each! What other options have folks found for these gold plated bolts that would match the others on the Stage 2 wicker? Thanks
Wow that is insane!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Wow, must have been developed by NASA :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts