Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are white stains on the liner under my hood. My detailer said that to clean these up, the liner must be removed and that you need a kit to replace the screw buttons because when removed they are shot.

Is this the best way to clean the liner?

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Don't know why you couldn't attempt to gently wash it in place with something like Dawn and a garden hose. Cover most of your engine and the electronics with plastic before you start.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Those are probably mineral deposits from either rain water or washing the car. You can remove the fasteners with a large flat head screwdriver, if you take your time and work around the fastener. Not sure what you can use to remove the stains, I don't think dawn with remove them. Maybe CLR, but not sure whether it would stain the liner.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Soap stains from being pressure washed usually. You can wipe it off or pull it out and clean it. The Fasteners are definitely reusable.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have removed white water stains by lightly wiping the felt with a damp shammy

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Boneman, attempt to clean it while it's attached and the fasteners like posted are re-useable.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,666 Posts
I have used a hard plastic bristle brush in the past, works fine. Usually get a small stain or two from long periods of driving in the rain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts