Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody with the standard exhaust have their C7 yet? A quick review would be great. Sound good? When if so or if not. That's the only option I'm really worried about not choosing as I anxiously wait for my cars TPW.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Performance exhaust is the only option I didn't get. Just save a lil money and gas mileage
The standard exhaust has a nice "growl". I like it. I imagine the performance has an even better sound.
I wish I had it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I got the normal exhaust then added a couple of flowmasters and it turned out to sound really good. I was wanting magnaflows but could not get any to fit right so the shop I had do it said try the flows and if you don't like them I will take them off for free. I like them, Even left the gates that change the exhaust tone with the drive mode switch. Also real quit at 75mph.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the standard exhaust. When you start the car, it sounds great! After that- you don't really hear it much. Maybe I should have popped for the enhanced version. ;0)

·
18,669 Posts
I got the normal exhaust then added a couple of flowmasters and it turned out to sound really good. I was wanting magnaflows but could not get any to fit right so the shop I had do it said try the flows and if you don't like them I will take them off for free. I like them, Even left the gates that change the exhaust tone with the drive mode switch. Also real quit at 75mph.
What specific Flowmaster (part # or model number) went into your car please, as I am sure there are others who will go down the same path as you?

·
Registered
94 Posts
They are Flowmaster Super 10's part # 843150 with offset inlet/outlet. I even used the stock quad tips so you can't tell any thing is done to the car.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the standard exhaust. When you start the car, it sounds great! After that- you don't really hear it much. Maybe I should have popped for the enhanced version. ;0)
Start up sound is good to hear. Nothing driving around town though, you need to be WOT in your opinion? I guess I'd like a little purr but I'll be driving this everyday so maybe it's a blessing in disguise. How does the standard exhaust look in your opinion as well?

·
18,669 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I will be a bit blasphemous here but probably would not order NPP again. I would save the money for something else, maybe a tintcoat or toward a trans roof... I have had the perf exhaust for 1600 miles and one week and I understand many, rightfully so, like the throaty sound. But I'm ok with just put it in touring mode most of the time. I kinda like being in touring mode and nailing it around around town or away from a stoplight, without creating a fuss and turning heads. I had a 6.2 camaro and as some have said, it's muted, but it still there to tell you, you own a v-8. I am finding that was fine.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I will say this....our shop car has the NPP on it and there is a good deal in look and sound difference between the two. The NPP cars have a slightly larger tip over the std exhaust. When we did the header start up for the first time and the flaps open.....to say the car was on the loud side is an understatement. Not bad on the highway and when you close it the car was almost stock sounding but WOT and open.....much much louder than what the C6Z's were open.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
If you don't mind, how much did this conversion cost? Was this the only change in the exhaust system that you made? Glen, your comment "strikes home" with me. I am not sure I want an amplified exhaust note on longer trips in a convertible and might find a better place to put that $1195.00 to boot. I will have to sort this out as I wait.

·
18,669 Posts
Thanks Anthony! Good information for lots of us to know.

Glen, not blasphemous, just an opinion and glad you expressed it. There are some who will read your post and consequently change their order. Thanks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My salesman told me I should get the Performance Exhaust for resale. I'm 55 and turned around to my 18 yr. daughter and told him selling it was her problem, not mine. He said, trust me, you want it. I do not have my baby yet, but am so excited I got it because it gives you options on having it on all of the time or have it regular and it shouldn't roar to much. I am at 3000 and will check for an update tomorrow. I expect movement on my convertible very soon. 3100, here I come!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Cost for 2 mufflers and install was $350. Every thing in the system is stock but the mufflers, I even left the gates that change with the mode switch. Looks bone stock from the back. I was a little worried is was going to be too loud at highway speed, but it is not at ALL. In fact with the mode button in eco or tour it sounds stock at 75mph. It does sound great when you get on it though! I also had them make it to where if I want to put the stock mufflers back on I can.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Zimm, the standard exhaust looks ok I guess until you look at it eye level and then it seems like too much muffler is exposed.. Maybe someone will come up with a cover plate... But the 4 pipes look cool together.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Zimm, the standard exhaust looks ok I guess until you look at it eye level and then it seems like too much muffler is exposed.. Maybe someone will come up with a cover plate... But the 4 pipes look cool together.
easily solved with VHT flat black paint...doing it next week...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes glen please post the photo in this thread to :)

Thanks to everyone else as well for the opinions and insights this thread is helping a few I bet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts