Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2016 Z51, sometimes when pushing the starter button, I get a couple of clicks, like click, click before it engages. Battery fine.
Anyone experience this? If so, is it a problem and what’s the fix?
Thanks for your thoughts and help!

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
What do you mean 'clicks'? Are you hearing the engine being turned over by the starter motor but not catching? The C7 has characteristically taken a bit longer to fire up on initial start up (as compared to other engines), has nothing normally to do with battery condition, but the direct injectors getting pressurized.

Reactions: ghwinokur

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean 'clicks'? Are you hearing the engine being turned over by the starter motor but not catching? The C7 has characteristically taken a bit longer to fire up on initial start up (as compared to other engines), has nothing normally to do with battery condition, but the direct injectors getting pressurized.
Jeff,

No, the engine turns over and starts, but initially, before engaging, I get a "click, click" like the sound of a dead battery. However, today, it did it, and everything went black. All electronics were good, but nothing from the start button. Left it, came back, put it on battery tender, and it fired up, no clicks. I'm thinking I'll take it over to AutoZone and have the battery tested tomorrow. Any thoughts?

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Jeff,

No, the engine turns over and starts, but initially, before engaging, I get a "click, click" like the sound of a dead battery. However, today, it did it, and everything went black. All electronics were good, but nothing from the start button. Left it, came back, put it on battery tender, and it fired up, no clicks. I'm thinking I'll take it over to AutoZone and have the battery tested tomorrow. Any thoughts?
It may well be time for a new battery. When the battery starts to die, the electronics in our C7s start doing some very unusual things.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It may well be time for a new battery. When the battery starts to die, the electronics in our C7s start doing some very unusual things.
I've got it on the battery tender, and after a while it looks good again, can't keep doing that.
It's a'16, so you've got to figure the battery is a '15 most likely. The battery in my '01 C5 died at three years to the day practically. Funny, the second one, kept on a battery tender, when 13 yrs! Hard to believe, right? Thanks for your reply!

GW

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Not sure what you found out at Autozone, but I'd say replace the battery before you get strand somewhere.

Sitting here with a '16 Z06 and original battery...I guess that I should take my own advice. lol

·
Registered
529 Posts
I recently attempted to start my '15 and when I stepped on the brake pedal it hardly moved and the car would not start. I attempted 2 more times and all was ok. Any thoughts?

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
The brake pedal probably did not move because your engine did not fire up and create the vacuum assist. If you don't use a maintainer like CTEK, and you drive short trips, you battery is probably in need of being fully charged.

·
Registered
16 Posts
On my 2016 Z51, sometimes when pushing the starter button, I get a couple of clicks, like click, click before it engages. Battery fine.
Anyone experience this? If so, is it a problem and what’s the fix?
Thanks for your thoughts and help!
WD-40

1 - 10 of 10 Posts