Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Starting to lose interest .....

5K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  Georgio51 
#1 ·
After waiting since January for this car I am basically starting to lose interest in it.Not Corvettes ,believe me I have owned one since I was 21,just this particular car at this particular time.My car is supposedly finished as I type this with museum delivery.Here is a list of my negatives.

1.Small window of time now that my wife can go with me,they basically tell me when I can get my car.

2.Never paid window sticker for a car in my life

3.Have to spend $2k on tires right away.

4.My 13 with 2k miles is a stunning vehicle in its own right.

5.For a little more in the price difference in one year ,my 13 C6 can winter in the garage ,and My wife and I can drive a Mercedes CLA in bad weather.

6.Everybody got theirs now!

Help!!!!

#2 ·
GrandSport, I hear ya. I ordered mine in August and my anticipation has been killing me. I am trying not to think about it, that being said, there is a reason you ordered this car. Right now you are experience all of the negatives (the delay, the time of year, etc.), however, just imagine once you open the door and sit in your 2014 c7... I think at that moment, all this will be well worth it. Also, look at all the awesome reviews from the rest of the forum members.

I am equally growing impatient but I know it will be worth it, just sucks to have to wait.

#4 ·
I have to say I was not a vette guy at ALL before the C7 hit the streets. Even the pics of this car did nothing for me. I was just driving by a chevrolet dealer and they happen to have this car and was fixing to put it on the showroom floor. I will say it NEVER made it to the showroom! I am in love with this car like no other I have had. In fact I was going to look at a viper when I spotted this car. Viper no more!! Just wait and I think the reward will be well worth it!!

Reactions: Werk-it and elegant
#6 ·
Ive had number of performance cars in my life. My next car was going to be a used Lamborghini or C7. After seeing in unveiled at Detroit Auto show and salivating for it for 10 months, I finally got it 2 weeks ago. I have to say, it's worth the wait. Having said that, January Detroit Auto Show is right around the corner, and Im anxious to see what will be unveiled then. If you dont have your car now, it's a personal choice whether to wait or not. I still havent seen a single one in the streets in Phoenix. So they are being produced but still a rarity.

#7 ·
I just sold my C6 and waiting a few months before I order my C7. I'm in no rush to get it as I never drive my Corvettes in the winter time...Can save on insurance and car payments. Going to order mine when I think I can get in April or May...Just in time for spring/summer.

#8 ·
I will probably get flamed for this but here goes.I think Chevrolet should have given the real Corvette enthusiasts first shot at these cars.I mean the people that have owned them for years and still kept buying them even they were pieces of crap.I have owned 12 of these cars over the years from a 1970 when I 21 up to my 13 white coupe .

#17 ·
I'm not sure this isn't the case. I really believe most of these early cars are being ordered by real enthusiasts. I find it hard to believe that some guy walking down the street who's never owned a Corvette before walked into a dealership and ordered one.

#9 ·
Grandsport I hear what you're saying but how would you do it? You'd get into all sorts of issues. Dealers got allocations. I went to 3 dealers. I left my name with 3 of them & told me to call me as soon as I could place an order. One never called back. One called & when I got there said I was like #90 on the list. One called me as I was driving from Phoenix to California for vacation. They said they had a #3 spot available. I placed an order by phone using my credit card as deposit and gave options I wanted by phone. The whole deal was done by phone in the car, including price, options, etc. If you look at any other hot model being rolled off the line, there will always be wait time. In retrospect yes Chevy could have done it a bit better, but that goes with anything. I think if you shop around, Im sure you could find a dealer and have a car within a couple of months, by Christmas.

#11 · (Edited)
seriously, with your list, I'd cancel and get the CLA....was in one yesterday and it's a nice vehicle........do a CLA short term lease/balloon and come back and get a C7 at invoice plus 500 in a few years...plenty of time...BMW and MB are right now in the fight of their life to see who is #1 for the year and the discounts thru dec 31 are going to be mind blowing....BMW has beat them 2 years in a row and they are PISSED....

#12 ·
Ya I probably made the same mistake, never got them to prove an allocation or date of an allocation. Order in preliminary order stage and I got my workbench sheets, but no move at all since end of August. I'm hoping I actually get this car one day lol. Winters coming but I really want this car by April or I'm going to lose it and cancel my order.

#19 ·
I am sorta one of those guys too! While I have been a fan of Corvette since the early 60s when I first was old enough to recognize cars as a kid, some of the intervening designs turned me off and into a Euro car fan and buyer. Then I read a review in the WSJ in August that began- those that swore they would never buy another GM car after their bankruptcy might rethink that once they see the new Stingray. Yep, seeing one at COTA in Austin for WEC/ALMS got me juiced.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

Reactions: SCR2014Vette
#20 ·
I am a first time vette buyer. I got interested after they did a nice piece on Jay Leno's garage about the C7. I wanted to get a convertible and I eventually settled on the best sports car the United States produces. One of my big criteria was if I could get a couple of small carrying golf bags in the trunk.

#21 ·
This will be my first Vette also, Werk. I haven't owned a GM product for over 15 years, but when I saw the looks of the C7, I fell in love. I still have fond memories of driving my Dad's '49 Chevy. The Stingray specs seem to suggest a lot of trunk space for clubs, groceries or even some suitcases.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.