Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has experienced an issue where the controls on the steering wheel are not illuminated at night. This happens periodically to me, and I have no idea what causes this. When it does happen, the bluetooth option does not work either. I will notice this at starting up the vehicle and sometimes if I turn off the car and restart it, the controls will then illuminate. This is so strange! Will be taking this to the dealer to have it checked out.

·
Registered
480 Posts
ugh. Let us know how it turns out. Hope it is just a loose wire in the steering wheel or something simple like that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes that happened to me twice when I first got the car but it hasn't happened since. I have no idea what caused it but restarting the car worked for me too.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has experienced an issue where the controls on the steering wheel are not illuminated at night. This happens periodically to me, and I have no idea what causes this. When it does happen, the bluetooth option does not work either. I will notice this at starting up the vehicle and sometimes if I turn off the car and restart it, the controls will then illuminate. This is so strange! Will be taking this to the dealer to have it checked out.
Hi Miss Stingray,

Sorry to see you're having some concerns about the lighting on your steering wheel. I'd like to take a look at this if that is okay with you? If so, please PM me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage and involved dealer.

Terrell
Chevrolet Customer Care.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have seen this on threads in forums and we have experienced it with our Z51. It happens to us when the lights turn on automatically at dusk. Forums have talked about a software update that dealers can do. But one person had it freeze during the update which required replacing the components in the dash. Our dealer service rep confirmed this does happen, so we'll be waiting it out a bit until further software updates come along. Eventually it gets better the longer we drive after the lights turn on.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Have seen this on threads in forums and we have experienced it with our Z51. It happens to us when the lights turn on automatically at dusk. Forums have talked about a software update that dealers can do. But one person had it freeze during the update which required replacing the components in the dash. Our dealer service rep confirmed this does happen, so we'll be waiting it out a bit until further software updates come along. Eventually it gets better the longer we drive after the lights turn on.
Let's put this in perspective, virtually every C7 that's been built and delivered has had the computers re flashed at least once either at the factory or at the dealer. The systems don't lock up when done correctly unless they have a major problem and should be replaced anyway or the dealer screws up and doesn't take the time to put the car on a battery charger if the re flash will take more than a few minutes.

Remember, re flashing the computers is something that happens thousands of times every day at GM dealerships. The Corvette computer system is exactly the same as most other 2014 GM cars and trucks, nothing special here from a technology perspective.

I personally wouldn't let a lone report of someone having a problem with an update prevent me from getting my car reflashed but that's just me. Just saying......

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,075 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
One feature Chevy should add is a soft light on the underside of the rear view mirror. Other cars I have were provided with this. It is not an annoying light and you only notice it when you reach towards the dash etc. I kind of took it for granted but have definitely noticed that it is gone in the Vette. It allows you to see your hand when it is really dark not take you eye off the road as much. Hope someone at Chevy reads this forum.

·
Registered
281 Posts
First car I've bought in 10 years that doesn't have illuminated door plates. Those would make me look cool. I mean, look great on my new Stingray!

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

1 - 12 of 12 Posts