Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they all the same or does the 3LT have a different horn cover composition than the 1LT? Is it a softer rubber?

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
18,670 Posts
There is a beautiful aftermarket horn pad replacement option from Caravaggio. Typical Caravaggio, beyond fantastic quality, and considerable price ($645 plus shipping from Toronto -- plus core exchange, just for the horn lad itself).

Here's it is in Brownstone; Carvaggio will make it in the identical five colors as factory, in the color stitching you choose.

Safety Note: Applies to both horn pad and steering wheel changes: Removing the battery negative cable is step one. Then, critical, before you do anything more, you MUST wait two full minutes to allow the airbag stored charge to dissipate. PM me for detailed DIY instructions.

·
Registered
557 Posts
John Carvaggio emailed me and said the Brownstone wheel pictured is heading my way. I'll get the wheel before I get the car.....how's that for being an optimist!

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is a beautiful aftermarket horn pad replacement option from Caravaggio. Typical Caravaggio, beyond fantastic quality, and considerable price ($645 plus shipping from Toronto -- plus core exchange, just for the horn lad itself).

Here's it is in Brownstone; Carvaggio will make it in the identical five colors as factory, in the color stitching you choose.

Safety Note: Applies to both horn pad and steering wheel changes: Removing the battery negative cable is step one. Then, critical, before you do anything more, you MUST wait two full minutes to allow the airbag stored charge to dissipate. PM me for detailed DIY instructions.
Where do we find these? Thanks

·
Registered
817 Posts
Very, very nice. I think every item of his that I have seen was simply gorgeous. Whether I can bring myself to pay $645 for a horn cover is an open question. But if money was no object I have him do the entire interior! No question.

·
18,670 Posts
Nicest interior I ever saw -- any brand, any price car, was the interior of John's own 1998 C5. He had re-done literally every thing that came from the factory in either vinyl or leather, in his butter-soft leather. No car has come close since. Price in 1998 was about $10K.

Oh winning lottery ticket, where are you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts