Stingray Corvette Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Steven, you always have great photos of your car. Love the red seatbelts.

Reactions: Steven Bell

·
18,670 Posts
Annie and I say very great looking wheels! Their "sharpness" echoes and reinforces the angular nature of the C7. Well done Steven!

Your "Carbon Fiber Edition" C7 is something that should inspire GM, i.e., they need to consider more CF options as part of the factory options process.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
More updates!

This arrived last week:

And this should be arriving NEXT week!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Your posts/mods always make me envious. Love it all.

·
Registered
10,543 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I was lucky enough to receive a black badge from another member. I then sent that to VetteFX. Sean custom made the Carbon Fiber background and lettering for me!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I do like it all Steven!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Wowwwzers!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Love it!!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Steve, awesome looking and it looks better than factory installed, excellent workmanship.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Here is the "missing piece" for the exterior Carbon Fiber. These outside front side vents were installed today.

The reason I hadn't added these vents were because I thought that the quarter panels would have to be taken off. That couldn't happen because of my Carbon Fiber side skirts have double sided tape on them (along with screws that hold the skirts onto the rocker panel). Ironically, we had to pull back the quarter panel on the passenger side to access the bolts that hold the OEM vents in place.

·
18,670 Posts
Looking better than "already a 10!" How is that possible. Simple, add more tasteful carbon fiber to the "Carbon Fiber Edition C7."

Very nice Steven!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Here is the "missing piece" for the exterior Carbon Fiber. These outside front side vents were installed today.

The reason I hadn't added these vents were because I thought that the quarter panels would have to be taken off. That couldn't happen because of my Carbon Fiber side skirts have double sided tape on them (along with screws that hold the skirts onto the rocker panel). Ironically, we had to pull back the quarter panel on the passenger side to access the bolts that hold the OEM vents in place.
Steven, quality detailed work has paid off for all of your mods, outstanding!! It reads like you had a time with the passenger vent, where there is a will there is a way.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the kind words. There are other Carbon Fiber pieces, but I don't want to "junk" up the car. I don't want to add Carbon Fiber pieces just for the shear sake of adding Carbon Fiber. My undermining theme for this Stingray was to make it look aggressive, but classy....I hope I've accomplished that because there's not a whole lot else add to this C7.

I also considered Carbon Fiber seat backs from Apsis USA. But I could buy 2 new Competition Seats for the price of the Carbon Fiber seat backs and accessories. Next, I'm considering a ported throttle body.

By the way, I found a company that sells Carbon Fiber pieces MUCH cheaper than anyone I've seen. AutoDynamicsWest.com....the owner is Greg. If you purchase anything, please tell him I referred you.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Looks great, buddy!

61 - 80 of 87 Posts