Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Vendor
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
18,670 Posts
Powerfully positive news for those who want a Z06 manual trans coupe, for if you are willing to compromise on partially constrained options (needed IF MacMulkin doesn't get granted every partially constrained option that every one of their customers ahead of you wants), you can have your manual trans coupe Z06 be at status 2000 next Tuesday, maybe even 3000 status by next Wednesday.

The Z06 85% A8 "take rate" is throwing things into a totally heretofore unpredictable series of consequences.

·
Registered
10,551 Posts
I seriously doubt if GM has sourced enough parts for an 85% take rate for Z06 A8 for model year 2015. Given that type of take rate, I now expect the A8 to be on constraint even after it is available to be ordered.

If people are not willing to change to M7, they will be passed by others who are no where near the top of the dealers' internal order lists. We could have people that would normally be on a list so deep they would only be able to get a 2016 now jumping over most everyone and to the front of the line. Also, if there are NO takers even when going deeper down on customer lists, how ironic would it be for manual Z06s to be ordered for dealer stock?

·
18,670 Posts
I seriously doubt if GM has sourced enough parts for an 85% take rate for Z06 A8 for model year 2015. Given that type of take rate, I now expect the A8 to be on constraint even after it is available to be ordered.

If people are not willing to change to M7, they will be passed by others who are no where near the top of the dealers' internal order lists. We could have people that would normally be on a list so deep they would only be able to get a 2016 now jumping over most everyone and to the front of the line. Also, if there are NO takers even when going deeper down on customer lists, how ironic would it be for manual Z06s to be ordered for dealer stock?
Talking about hitting the nail on the head with a 32 ounce hammer, especially 7-M customers jumping ahead surprisingly.

You are describing reality, not just later, but this consensus, and, increasingly for the next one or two. Some dealers will be ordering Z06's for stock this weekend, and some customers who yesterday did not remotely think they had a chance to get a 2015 Z06, will also be ordering one this very consensus.

Not referring to MacMulkin, for they will fill their allocation with sold customer orders before this consensus is over, but some other dealers in America. Give MacMulkin a call and probably get your 7-M Z06 coupe ordered/accepted right now, 603.888.1211.

Your prediction of the soon future is this weekend's reality. Have been, in the last two days, getting a PM or two from two different types of folks, those who long gave up on getting a 2015 Z06 because "they thought they were late to the party" and had previously decided to had to wait and get a 2016 Z, and those who had not even considered getting a Z06 (instead planning on getting a StingRay and supping it up), but are now deciding to make a switch to the Z06, i.e., a getting 650/650, a wide bodied beauty is now dancing in their heads.

Talked three days ago to a top dealer who is now working through the bottom 1/4 of their large Z06 priority list due to their 85+ % A8 take rate.

Also dancing, as you suggested, will be smaller dealers who thought on September 17th that they had no chance of getting a 2015 Z06. I talked with two dealers earlier this summer, who were the "told no 2015 Z06 for you." Both of these dealers learned on September 18th, that since they were qualified for ordering a 2015 StingRay, that they would be getting at least one '15 Z, and have been, for the month since then, saying to their special customer, "I can get you one in the Spring," and are now, today, thinking over their one or two person Z06 customer list, "who wants a manual coupe either this consensus or the next?" Oh the phone calls that will be going out today and the next few days, both from customers positively shocked they now have a good chance at getting one (especially if they are willing to give up on a constrained option or two), and from smallish, certainly medium-sized dealers equally surprised that they will be able to get one for stock or for one of their "yes, 7-M for me" customers this/next consensus.

And what will both the customers and the dealers in this, for them, fortuitous circumstance be ordering? Not only a stripper. Instead, a 2LZ with Nav/PDR, (perhaps even a 3LZ), with special colored calipers, choice of wheels, choice of interior colors, hood stinger or dual stripes, comp seats, and more, a car whose capabilities were far more than anyone dreamed prior to the 650/650 announcement.

And here is a "reverse very recent surprise," that due to the market and world uncertainly, through in ebola and other fears into the mix, many who had aggressive portfolios and consequently just lost a huge amount of "asset value," will have to reluctantly bail on their Z06 dreams for financial reasons, especially this past week.

As that old saying goes, a little modified, we live in interesting times. "Shocking" is an overused word, but thinking back to where we have come in literally one month, totally applicable. And sad to me, for I have friends personally in this predicament, they thought less than two months ago that they would be getting a very early A8, but are now watching hundreds (480 manuals were ordered on September 18th), soon to be thousands of M-7 folks, all jumping ahead of them, now hearing rumors upon rumors about A8 delays due to lack of track cooling, and not sure when they will be even able to get up to bat.

·
18,670 Posts
Still rumors, not confirmed, that the A8 will not be ready and orderable on November 13th (which was the latest date GM said in their September 18th internal memo). So far GM has met all their announced deadlines, in far exceeded all of them, since the StingRay was revealed on 1.13.13.

Once the A8 ordering door opens, all those with A8's who were ahead on the original dealer priority line, will move back to the front of the line...

·
Registered
817 Posts
Really an unexpected chain of events. If this keeps up we might see discounts on M7 Z06 coupes a lot sooner than any of us would dreamed of just a month or so ago. And the Bozos looking for killer markups over MSRP may find themselves re-considering! Strange times.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Available Z06 Allocations This Week! (Also @ Kerbeck!)

Still rumors, not confirmed, that the A8 will not be ready and orderable on November 13th (which was the latest date GM said in their September 18th internal memo). So far GM has met all their announced deadlines, in far exceeded all of them, since the StingRay was revealed on 1.13.13.

Once the A8 ordering door opens, all those with A8's who were ahead on the original dealer priority line, will move back to the front of the line...
John, Are you waiting for an A8 or is your order in already with an M7?

& Now the same over at Kerbeck:
http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/corvette-z06-purchasing/7182-available-z06-allocations-week.html

·
18,670 Posts
MacMulkin. Got to 3000 status on the fifth day after my 7-speed order went in, no compromises on what I wanted, benefit of having my deposit in for over 15 months at that point. Still amazed that anyone, someone like Rip VanWinkle who awoke this morning and just first heard about a Z06, were to want a manual coupe, could get one by calling MacMulkin today.

However, as we all know if Rip were to wake up a month or so from now, he would be at the very end of a huge Z06 A8 and convertible line, might have to wait for MY 2016. As my best boss used to say, "luck beats the heck out of brains anytime."

We have a forum member who two weeks ago had just started his Z06 process, and an hour ago got confirmation from MacMulkin that he will be status 2000 in a couple of days, probably 3000 next Wednesday.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I am sooooooo tempted with this opportunity opening up, specially if my order is at 1100 next week. John, your quote about luck applies at the poker tables I play at :(

·
Registered
385 Posts
Your point is well taken indeed. Today as during the last consensus, I was asked by my dealer if I would take the A7 instead of my A8 ZO7 choice. I am number 1 on the list but have already passed twice to the next person behind that will take an M7 car. My dealer said that if he had no takers he would order the car for stock so that as not to loose the opportunity to sell the car sometime in the future. So yes we will most likely see M7 in show rooms as dealer stock while we wait for the A8s. I think GM had an idea that the automatic would fill a void they have always had as a stick only performance car such as the ZO6. It is important to note that today the stick is the exception in the world of super cars. I believe GM expected perhaps a 60% shift to the A8 not the over 80% they are experiencing. Moreover the publish performance numbers have really put the nail in the miscalculations issue. Despite all of this I have faith that this soon will pass and those of us that elected the A8 originally will get our cars.

This is the email that I got from my dealer today "The automatic is still not available to order yet. I also have Z07 and CFV ground effects under constraint. So unless you want a manual without the Z07 we won’t be able to place your order this week. If you have any question please give me a call."

I want what I want and I am willing to wait

Jose

·
Registered
385 Posts
I believe it would be nice and smart if GM made an announcement regarding this issue and their plan for a remedy to calm the troops. It would be terrible to accept a compromised thinking it is your only opportunity to get a car this year only to have the cars available later, Nov or Dec.

Jose

·
Registered
398 Posts
Just changed my order today from a Stingray to Z06 with M7. Thanks Ron at Macmulkin! Yahoo!
Very cool Davem. You won't be sorry!!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
So this brings up an interesting thought. How rare, hate to use the word rare, maybe limited, will be a M7 Z06? Years from now when these might come up for sale it just might be hard to find a good used M7 Z06........

·
Registered
817 Posts
I suspect that enough Z06/Z07 M7/A8 cars will be built that none will be particularly rare or valuable in the foreseeable future...if ever.

The big unanswered questions in my mind are: When will A8 and convertibles become available and will they be constrained? My guess (hope!) is that these issues will likely resolve themselves and soon we will be more at ease with availability of A8 and convertible.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
So this brings up an interesting thought. How rare, hate to use the word rare, maybe limited, will be a M7 Z06? Years from now when these might come up for sale it just might be hard to find a good used M7 Z06........
You might find a new one on the dealer floor years from now. If I found a VY, M7 Z07 I'd drive it right out the door.

·
18,670 Posts
It is normal and understandable for everyone whose order can not be accepted now, because one or more of their chosen options or models is constrained, to be frustrated at the least, to be anxious, and to be a little bit worried, even a touch angry. Even those whose Z06 orders has been accepted currently, have some anxiety.

Identical feelings were rampant regarding the StingRay last fall, and over time, things improved, and most got the car they wanted (especially those who learned about allocation, though for some, this necessitated changing to a different dealer). It is not easy when a new model comes out, especially when you want that car unbelievably badly, but have to wait, not knowing when and how you will get it.

There was huge frustration, even anger when GM kept initial StingRays in the Plant yard for what seemed for months, or worse for those whose StingRays went to Nashville for a quality hold (and who knows what else). GM's goal was to deliver 30,000, 2014 StingRays, and while some were far from perfect, percentage wise those with problems were a small number, most of the problems long resolved, and in the end, 37,288, 2014 StingRays were delivered.

On 1.13.13 (the StingRay's reveal), GM committed to delivering the first StingRay coupe customer cars by September 30th. They exceeded that self-imposed deadline by 10 days. GM first announced at the StingRay convertible reveal last April, that they would deliver the first customer convertibles by the end of 2014; they exceeded that self-imposed goal by 40 days.

At this January's 1.13.14 Z06 reveal, heard it there myself, GM committed to delivering the first Z06 customer cars by "early 2015." I am sure they will exceed that self-imposed goal also.

Sure many are concerned, some worried, some even fearful right now about how and when they will get their Z06. Again, natural emotions. We just need to take a deep breath now and then, for the car that will be delivered to us will be so far beyond what we hoped that the Z06 would be, even just one year ago. To deliver a car with the 4th highest torque of any 2015 production sports car, with the only other three with more torque costing an average of $1,105,000, is outstanding. The 2014 StingRay won more awards in the first year after its reveal than any other car, truck or SUV in history. The 2015 Z06 will more than win more than its share of similar accolades, outperforming so many other sports cars, embarrassing most of them.

The 2015 Z06's are coming! We all need to chill a little right now, including me.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Amen to that! Early 2015 could be anytime in 1Q 2015 and I'd still be happy with that...

As for me, the longer it takes the more I get to enjoy my convertible. ;)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Just changed my order today from a Stingray to Z06 with M7. Thanks Ron at Macmulkin! Yahoo!
Now at 2000. Ron does what he says!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts