Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed my order on 11/08/13 and was told at that time that i would see my car by the spring (april). I had the opportunity to by from a dealer further away from home who said he could deliver much quicker .however i chose the local guy . Does any one know really!!! How this process works ? I have an itch i need to scratch. Jmc

·
Registered
307 Posts
Your dealer wasn't truthful with you. Your dealer most likely has little or no allocation,nor does your dealer have the quality of allocation to overcome the restraint issues. In other words, whatever allocations your dealer has may also have conditions or constraints on it, such as only being Abe to order a non z51 or a z51 without the cf dash, etc. Most likely, your salesman doesn't have an understanding of this any better than you the customer. You may want to find a high allocation dealer who is knowledgable about the allocation process

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Reactions: jsvette and elegant

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I ordered mine on 11-7-2013 and still waiting also, was told I will get it in February but the car has not even been assigned a TPW as of today. I really think my dealer was blowing smoke. :confused: I am hesitating going with a big dealer and ordering a 2015 model hoping to get that in august or September?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Ordered mine a week before you and have been driving is for a week. Probably time for a heart to heart with the dealer.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I placed my order on 11/08/13 and was told at that time that i would see my car by the spring (april). I had the opportunity to by from a dealer further away from home who said he could deliver much quicker .however i chose the local guy . Does any one know really!!! How this process works ? I have an itch i need to scratch. Jmc
Ordered mine 11/19/2013, still at 1100. Was told April delivery as well. Eventually it will come, and maybe will be a 2015...:-/

·
Registered
12 Posts
Your dealer wasn't truthful with you. Your dealer most likely has little or no allocation,nor does your dealer have the quality of allocation to overcome the restraint issues. In other words, whatever allocations your dealer has may also have conditions or constraints on it, such as only being Abe to order a non z51 or a z51 without the cf dash, etc. Most likely, your salesman doesn't have an understanding of this any better than you the customer. You may want to find a high allocation dealer who is knowledgable about the allocation process

This is 100% accurate. I ordered the same week as you jmc & I got my Stingray Dec 18th. It was a dealer allocation.

·
Registered
211 Posts
JMC, I'm not sure why others are saying your dealer lied to you when you didn't even mention who your local dealer is. I placed an order with a high volume dealer on 12/18/13 and the general consensus/rumor mill/actual events say that high volume dealers have a higher chance of getting one quicker. They said I would have one by March/April, and I have no reason to believe otherwise and others on here have confirmed my information. Your local guy may be just as good, but I've heard and it looks like large volume guys can PROBABLY get it to you faster. If you know for a fact that your local guy has allocations available, you should not worry, and April sounds about right to me.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Especially with where z51 constraints were back in November, and where they are now. It looks to me like we'll pass this "main constraint threshold" around March, which is why many people are saying they are waiting til spring-ish.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it would seem that my concerns are probably a direct result of a desire to see things move along. i have changed the car no fewer than 3 times already( its been 2 months since i placed the original order.) color in and out etc. and i just want to see things start moving along.....the dealer was up front with me from the start ,saying it a spring time delivery, i just wasn't prepared for this waiting and waiting. oh! oh!i forgot to mention i gave the dealer my c6 as a deposit on the c7 and now i left without a ride(not a good move). that could be thee problem!!! thanks all for the advise jmc

·
Registered
220 Posts
oh! oh!i forgot to mention i gave the dealer my c6 as a deposit on the c7 and now i left without a ride(not a good move). that could be thee problem!!! thanks all for the advise jmc
That's one helluva deposit! :eek:

·
Registered
61 Posts
it would seem that my concerns are probably a direct result of a desire to see things move along. i have changed the car no fewer than 3 times already( its been 2 months since i placed the original order.) color in and out etc. and i just want to see things start moving along.....the dealer was up front with me from the start ,saying it a spring time delivery, i just wasn't prepared for this waiting and waiting. oh! oh!i forgot to mention i gave the dealer my c6 as a deposit on the c7 and now i left without a ride(not a good move). that could be thee problem!!! thanks all for the advise jmc
I'm right there with you jmc. Still at 1100 waiting for an allocation and then once it comes through I'll be praying that Z51 isn't on constraint (dropped FAY - too much for so little). I too have changed my configuration a couple times, and with freezing temperatures, not exactly upset that the car hasn't been built yet (yeah, right - really enjoy hearing about how much everyone else is enjoying their car!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts