Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Looks great! Personalizing/modding gives it your personal touches. I like it a lot.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Very nice. I can't really get into the carbon flash either. I find it a bit cheesy. IMO. I would have prefered a gloss black accent color.

·
18,669 Posts
Nicely done Skip. Looks great, and think many will copy your similarly painting the hood vent gloss black. Would you share please any challenges in removing the factory hood vent, re-installing it? Thanks, and very well done!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Removing hood is just 4 bolts but be careful it wants to fall back onto the engine when the last bolt is removed. After you remove the two screws on the inner cover you will see some snap in connectors that need to be pinched with some long nose pliers then it comes right off. Then take a large screw driver and place under the plastic clips and pry up. The unsnap easily, then remove the vent. My email is [email protected] incase anyone wants to contact me direct about the removal of the vent or the paint job.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I did not paint the other vents. At this time I am going to leave them alone, since they are a distance away from the hood, they don't clash.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
You actually have Stingray on the windshield???
It's kind of evident from the photo, actually. lol

Are you asking because you want one too, or because you think it's tacky and are being critical of the OP's tastes in modding his car? If it's the latter, I always say that if the owner likes it, then why should I be critical of his tastes? This forum has been a good place to post mods and not be ridiculed or criticized. I'd like to see it stay that way.

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I actually like the "Stingray" on the windshield, it sort of functions as a sunvisor as sorts. I think one in black would be subtle and really tie in with most of the colors, especially those with black accent colors like wheels and mirrors.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
I like it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts