Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know anything about stingray performance chip?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Today it would be more of a program download into your C7's computer. I'm sure if not already this option will become available. But a word to the wise if you do this you can void your warranty. I know this has happen to the Camaro folks.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
My son has some crazy ideas for this car. Lol

·
Registered
658 Posts
I plan on using pfadt tune and am talking to them about getting a group buy together. Their tune can be removed and Chevy is supposedly unable to know to was on there

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sinner if you are trying to get a group buy I would be interested in buying a tune as well from pfadt.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found this on the internet...
Sounds pretty cool.
No warranty problem with this tune?
If so count me in.

We have put months of research and dyno testing into this Corvette C7 tune and we are excited and confident about the results.

Enjoy this tune now and get a FREE tune upgrade when you buy Pfadt C7 Headers!

The Pfadt Pflash C7 tune offers serious horsepower and torque gains while maintaining drivability and engine longevity. This is a no-compromise boost to your new C7 Corvette that will be the difference between your 0-60 time, and your neighbor’s 0-60 time. The Pfadt Pflash Tune gives you everything listed below and you can have all this in a simple 15 minute process.

+20 HP
+33 TQ
Driver Mode Compatibility
Increased Throttle Response
Optimized Power For All Driving Conditions
Tuned for Power & Engine Longevity
Deletion of Skip Shift on Manual vehicles
Return to “Stock” Option
The Pfadt Pflash Tune for the 2014 Corvette Stingray is the ultimate upgrade if you are looking for a quick, but extremely effective way to add performance to your C7 Corvette. The results are exhilarating.

This Pfadt Pflash C7 Tune has been designed with simplicity in mind. Plug our included Pfadt EZ-Flash Cable into your C7′s OBD2 port and run the included Pfadt Pflash App. Click a few buttons and walk away. 15 minutes later you will have an entirely new driving experience in your Corvette C7.

Here’s the best part. If you plan on adding Pfadt C7 Headers down the road we will upgrade your C7 tune absolutely free of charge.

Buy yours now and enjoy your last ride in your stock Corvette C7.

·
18,670 Posts
While the Federal "Magnusson Act" is clear that merely putting on an aftermarket part does not necessarily void a warranty, there is plenty of "gray area." For example, let's say you ad an electronic gizmo that causes significant voltage drop, then your voltage regulator fails. GM is going to deny your warranty claim for a new voltage regulator, blaming your "added on" electronic part. The company that sold you that electronic gizmo is going to say,"nonsense, our part didn't cause the voltage regular to fail, for it............." And guess who is then in the middle, trying to get a voltage regular (and labor of course) replaced, with both sides saying, "it isn't my fault."

I have done 30 mods to my Corvette, but pick and choose which ones I have installed. I know a new motor on my Z06 would cost about $15K, so I haven't touched its insides, haven't opened it up, nor had a professional tech do that. But I did change the air filter. I also added an aftermarket exhaust cat-back system.

We each need to consider the potential consequences of aftermarket parts before proceeding. Most of the time, all goes perfectly. Some of the time????

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks...
Big consideration...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Its detectable be warned your warranty will be void.

I plan on using pfadt tune and am talking to them about getting a group buy together. Their tune can be removed and Chevy is supposedly unable to know to was on there

Reactions: JCobalt

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks
Probably not worth it...
Interesting to know there are mods like this.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Its detectable be warned your warranty will be void.
According to pfadt it doesn't affect "the counter" ( not sure what that means ) and they don't tune using HP Tuning software, they write their own programs. I'm not going to argue the point because I can't say either way for certain because I know about fords and SCT tuning and not all cars and I don't just trust a vendor just because they sell a product that does or doesn't do something.

I highly suggest calling and asking them concerns and questions because they can answer much more clearly then I can. I know I liked their responses and ill buy and if I can get a better price and help other a it's a win win.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
For detection purposes GM is not going to look at every bit of software on your computer all they have to do is look at say the checksum number or the revision. Here is an example:

"Well if you have a new 2011 camaro ss you bought I will tell you for certain that if you put a tune on your camaro it will in fact void the warranty even if you put a tune and reflash the computer back to stock factory settings general motors will void it automatically, my source this happened to a friend of mine with a 2008 LS3 c6 corvette. he tuned it then took it to drag race. He over revd the engine. car began to bog up. Tune was running to rich. threw a bunch of codes engine loss power. He reflashed ecu back to stock tune. Car continued to throw random codes. Took it to general motors they flashed the cars computer found out the car was tuned and they voided his warranty."

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
To check your ECM updates enter your VIN in and it tells you all the updates that were done to your vehicle. TIS

·
Registered
658 Posts
Redc7, the checksum sounds like what they said isn't affected by adding or removing their tune, not certain though.

I'll be getting a tune and long tubes regardless.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
So chevy reflash ur comp ur warranty voided uf u dont gave proof dealer did it lok
please write in complete sentences, I don't understand what you write most of the time, and I would like to, as you have good info...

·
Registered
476 Posts
please write in complete sentences, I don't understand what you write most of the time, and I would like to, as you have good info...
Sorry im always on my phone doing two things at once. Not to mention I always hit the wrong keys

·
Registered
476 Posts
Just was making a joke. That my luck, chevy would have to reflash my computer for a problem. Then down the line something would go wrong & chevy would void my warranty saying has been reflashed. LoL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts