Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't forget to ask for a Stingray BROCHURE from dealer. My dealer said they only give to owners. Also, I had undercoating applied and it makes a world of difference for road noise.

·
Administrator
16,489 Posts
I am curious about the undercoating as I have not seen that recommended for the Stingray. How many miles did you have on your Z51 before you got it undercoated? What type of coating is it and how many pounds does it add?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I wouldn't undercoat my new Corvette on a bet! It's too beautiful a piece of machinery, even underneath, to be compromising it with some form of coating. Sorry, just my opinion.

·
Registered
475 Posts
They use to under coat when the wheel wells were steel. You wouldn't want to undercoat these plastic fender wells that have a sound absorbing system on them already. Also if undercoating is sprayed on the parts under the car your not going to get complete coverage and the sprayed on material may trap water where it was not intended to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Administrator
16,489 Posts
I wouldn't undercoat my new Corvette on a bet! It's too beautiful a piece of machinery, even underneath, to be compromising it with some form of coating. Sorry, just my opinion.
Agree with you Steve.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Totally agree. I couldn't even bring myself to spray an "oil" like Krowne underneath a new Corvette much less undercoating. I read a post about a month ago where someone had a Ziebart dealership recommend undercoating and/or rustproofing. I haven't a clue want they were going to prevent from rusting!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I don't really care about how beautiful the underside of the car is, but undercoating makes working on the car a complete mess if you need to take it apart . I see no reason to do this, the car really doesn't need soundproofing. But as we all say here, "to each his own!"

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Has anyone gotten any brochures? GM says they have not printed any yet?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Has anyone gotten any brochures? GM says they have not printed any yet?
I got 1 back in Oct. and another in Jan. Just to put up.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I got mine on Saturday march 22, 2014. My dealer got one from a GM representative for me. Just got to ask and don't let them charge you $35.00 for it! Just say I am buying a $70000 car from y'all. That conversation will turn in your favor quick ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
29 Posts
I received a brochure on my delivery date.
Road noise is more than I thought. Z51 wide tire noise?
bose noise canceling headphones help, too bad they don't mesh with the radio system.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dealer was out when I picked up my car. I asked and they mailed one to me as soon as they received them. No reason to buy one if you own a C7.

·
18,670 Posts
Road noise is more than I thought. Z51 wide tire noise? Bose noise canceling headphones help, too bad they don't mesh with the radio system.
To get 460 foot pound feet of torque to the ground, you need an incredible suspension system with tires specifically designed for adhesion, as the Z-51 develops over 1.07 G of cornering capability. This car is performs like a beast; a by-product is tires and a taught suspension that is not as quiet as a car that generates .85 G.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
My dealer gave me three for the sting ray and three for the z06. I've almost worn out one of the sting ray's looking at it.

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
What do you think the true cost to produce a brochure is? Let's assume they are printed in bulk. I can't imagine it is very much at all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts