Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove the new C7 Stingray this weekend. Now I can understand the Hype. It was very nibble and responsive. I have owned 16 corvettes starting with a 1961 and ending with a c6 Z51 convertible. I even had a 1996 GS Convert and a newer GS, 3 Z06s and several Z51s. This is much more refined. And it was only a LT3. Put my name in at the dealer for 2015. Hope to build a Blade Silver with a stinger. Not sure I even need a Z51 or a Z06.

I have a few concerns:

- I noticed it is hard to see overhead traffic lights when you are first car stopped. Does the transparent top help this at all?

- Since I do not want a convert, what up with that trunk hatch closing? Seems like it being so light and the windows not indexing that it is hard to close without pushing on panel. Do folks just learn to leave a door or window open?

- Is there a trick to closing hood without pushing on the hood? On my C6 you had to drop from the drivers side EXACTLY one foot above.

- I haven't studied this yet so don't burn me, Can you have the exhaust louder in touring mode or just sport and track?

- I also like the chrome Z51 wheels better than stock chrome wheels. Any thoughts on changes to 2015 wheels?

Thanks all. Just join your nice forum. Looking forward to be contributing member.

M

·
Registered
957 Posts
- I noticed it is hard to see overhead traffic lights when you are first car stopped. Does the transparent top help this at all?
I have not noticed this I have no trouble but then I am only 5'3"

- Since I do not want a convert, what up with that trunk hatch closing? Seems like it being so light and the windows not indexing that it is hard to close without pushing on panel. Do folks just learn to leave a door or window open?
If a window is cracked or a door open it shuts easier...if not you need both hands...I have had my C7 since the 7th so still very new to me but I am told as time goes on it loosens up and is easier to shut

- Is there a trick to closing hood without pushing on the hood? On my C6 you had to drop from the drivers side EXACTLY one foot above.
Yep drop about a foot above

- I haven't studied this yet so don't burn me, Can you have the exhaust louder in touring mode or just sport and track?
Yes you can set it to have loud exhaust all the time (I did)

- I also like the chrome Z51 wheels better than stock chrome wheels. Any thoughts on changes to 2015 wheels?
Have not heard about changes in 2015 to the wheels

Welcome to the Forum...nice group of folks.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I, too, like the Z51 Split Spoke chrome rims better than the coupe chrome rims. I was told by my very seasoned salesman that they cannot put the Z51 rims on the coupe. The rims are an inch taller and the tires would have to be swapped out as well. Oh well, I really didn't want the Z51 so I'm having to compromise on the rims. If something comes along that catches my eye, I'll try to sell the chrome rims and get the ones I like, even at the risk of losing a major portion of the $2000 upgrade for the coupe chrome rims.

WOW...16 Corvettes? That's gotta be some kind of record, M. Good luck with #17 and welcome to the boards!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Yes you can set it to have loud exhaust all the time (I did)
Welcome to the Forum...nice group of folks.
Becky - not possible now..follow the driving mode or lock it open all the time - that's your only two options....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts