Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every body..just yesterday..traded my nissan 370 Z for a stingray..but the dealer manager told me I could pick between a necely equiped ZL1..so my wife and I decided on the Vette.. Drove them both and they are pretty different..love the power of the camaro and its got a nice rumble on the exhaust when pushed a little hard...but decided on the vette because it felt easier to control its power and I see camaros in just about every corner...I know its not a regular camaro..but just dont see many corvettes on my small town and let alone new Stingrays....what do you guys think...did we make the right decision or should of gotten with the ZL1..based on exclusivity....chime in. Let me know. ?.thanks and I apreciate this site for letting me become a new member...:cool:

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
which do you like better a Rolex watch or a Breitling? I had a 13 2SS Camaro and it was a wonderful car...I miss it, but it's a completely diff animal, not low slung, much more muscle car, and certainly easier to get in and out of...it's not a vette, and it's not supposed to be:

so what'll it be? A Rolex Daytona or a Breitling Chronomat?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Stingray hands down. But thats just my opinion. You should do what is right for you, not based on what others may think.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree 100% with you guys..and at the end thats why we chosed the Stingray..we dont see awhole lot of them her in New Mexico and the dealer said that it was the first one they have sold to a local customer...overall my wife and I are pretty excited...next steps is to tint windows and buy a z51 style spoiler..maybe later on powder coat the wheels make it look bad ass...even more...thanks for all the input guys..

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I agree 100% with you guys..and at the end thats why we chosed the Stingray..we dont see awhole lot of them her in New Mexico and the dealer said that it was the first one they have sold to a local customer...overall my wife and I are pretty excited...next steps is to tint windows and buy a z51 style spoiler..maybe later on powder coat the wheels make it look bad ass...even more...thanks for all the input guys..
consider the GM blade wing spoiler - great look that lets the rear end/shoulders/window be seen a lot better

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Yes, these cars are very different. The ZL1 has the very potent LSA model and 560+HP from the factory. With a simple pulley kit and a retune it can be 650HP! However, I'd agree that the Camaros are deep in their model generation and all over the road. Plus, the C7 is 1000lbs lighter so the PTW ratio is advantage Corvette. Not only is the C7 brand spanking new in the eyes of all, but it has the latest and greatest of everything. Its really raised the bar on all levels, from interior to performance.

As for a wing, I have one that will be out shortly and will compliment the stock lines well or goes great with our kit too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Allright..I apreciate all your input and support on the camaro,,stingray decision...as far as spoilers go. I dont think the vette would look bad with either one..I agree totally that the style complements jus about any mods done to the car's lines..its just a head turner every where it goes..

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Interesting, you were between a Stingray and a ZL1 but you went for the base coupe and not the Z51. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the base coupe but if ultimate performance is you goal you left a bit on the table.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also traded my 370z for a corvette stingray and I am so happy! Personally, I never looked at a camaro to buy, but I can assure you that those that drive the camaros will certainly be looking at your new Vette. Congratulations!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well I wanted a z51 stingray but they are any where from 6-8 k more a little of bit out of my price range at this time...besides my goal is to drive this one for 4 yrs. then get into a stingray z06...It'll be at my range then...this 2LT is got all the options that I was looking for and I even got the dealer to throw in a blade spoiler in on the deal...got it for 59,000 with all tax, license and transfer fees.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
well I wanted a z51 stingray but they are any where from 6-8 k more a little of bit out of my price range at this time...besides my goal is to drive this one for 4 yrs. then get into a stingray z06...It'll be at my range then...this 2LT is got all the options that I was looking for and I even got the dealer to throw in a blade spoiler in on the deal...got it for 59,000 with all tax, license and transfer fees.
Good for you, I understand completely. Enjoy!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Stingray all the way! I like camaros too but really no comparison in my opinion. Congrats!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Congrats on the new stingray! What dealership to you get it at?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

1 - 16 of 16 Posts