Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car & Driver is estimating the Stingray to have the following performance figures:

0-60 MPH - 3.9 seconds
1/4 Mile - 12.3 seconds @ 118 mph
Top Speed - 190mpg
Roadholding 1.00 g
Braking - 70-0 mph - 155 feet

·
Registered
142 Posts
Kind of funny - I have seen that post several times and didn't see the mpg!!

Good catch!! :cool:

Reactions: CruzeTech

·
Registered
45 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but i'm having trouble setting my 0-60 timer. A friend I work with has one on his Challenger that flashes letting you know it ready. I take it you have to to kinda guess if your C7 timer is ready? Mine only works about half the time. Only on my bad runs :).. I went to a concrete bridge (traction) near home. I waited till I stopped. Brought up the timer, hit the SEL button. Then I launched at about 4k. Run it up to 6k, shifted perfect, hit about 65mph in 2nd and looked at the gauge and it was still reading 0.00.
I drove halfway home disappointed. Thought I would try it again on regular asphalt. I stopped and I'm not sure if you need to hit the SEL after you stop but I did. I rolled away at 1k rpm's and the gauge took off! (I think it's messing with me?) So I floored it off idle and got a 5.0 0-60...Not bad for leaving the line at idle and on cold asphalt I think. So I just tried it in my garage and it worked everytime the car moved.. Maybe it's like my Kawasaki and the front wheels are in the air when you take off hard? Lol I've not turned off traction control and I've had the car's rear move sideways spinning to about 30° How much does spinning does TC stop?

·
Registered
45 Posts
realized I never made the video.
Do you still need it?
Thanks, but I think I figured out how to tell when the 0-60 gauge is active. The 00.0's are a dull color (unlit) when it's not active. After doing the reset (like you said) the 00.0's become brighter. No more wasted runs! well I guess I could call them practice runs. :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have a question for all you drag racers. I read that to get a good launch in an automatic, you should press hard on the brake, then floor the throttle, then release the brakes. My concern is what does that do to the torque converter, and any other components?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have a question for all you drag racers. I read that to get a good launch in an automatic, you should press hard on the brake, then floor the throttle, then release the brakes. My concern is what does that do to the torque converter, and any other components?
That is how u do the autos launch control. But u have to be in track mode in a PTM mode.
Computer controls throttle to control revs.
But it's fine..

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sorry,but I don't understand. What's PTM mode? How does computer control throttle?

·
18,670 Posts
Sorry,but I don't understand. What's PTM mode? How does computer control throttle?
Thanks to Road & Track, we have a excellent PTM video. Tommy Milner, driver of one of Corvette Racing C6.R's previously, and now on the the C7.R, demonstrates the system on a C6 2013 ZR1. The PTM system is even more advanced on the C7, computer modulating so many ECU, traction management, eLSD, and other systems, all simultaneously, adjusting all those those component parameters on the Z-51 C7 83 times every second.

The problem with all current high performance sports cars is that they have so much power, that they can spin their rear tires at will, which while looking impressive, is a very slow way to accelerate, run a track lap, etc. The key is to use have the computer selectively adjust all those systems, again 83 X every second on the StingRay, so that you get maximum usable torque, spinning your wheels only when that is actually useful for street or track performance, transferring power into acceleration and/or driving you through and out of a turn efficiently, rather than tire smoke or needless, mostly time-wasting, side-slipping.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Also when not using launch control .. hold the brake & press gas to bring revs up. 1200rpms probably good..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts