Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 40 of 160 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Think checking with your dealer is an excellent idea, as "carsonulrich" is doing. There is a difference between an order being initially typed into GM WorkBench program (status code 1000) and GM's interim 1100 status:preliminary Order Accepted, etc.

Order Status Tracking Codes: GM Order Status
1000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership; Preliminarily Accepted by GM Computer.
NOTE: Does NOT mean that GM is guaranteeing that the car will be produced -- as that only occurs at status code 2000!
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet, "has passed approval and will be produced"

What we need to confirm is at what status is GM continuing to honor/hold the pre-price increase. We believe that at 1100 status you are locked in; however thanks Carson for confirming back here everything you learn.

·
18,670 Posts
Just learned two things more:

1) The GM increase will effect all Corvettes built from 03/03/14 on, except for sold orders that were in the system before 03/03/14.
2) GM will make the official price announcement tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Just spoke with my dealer, he says I'm safe from the increase. :)
They have already taken my Harley in on trade, I better be safe.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This forum is amazing. Information is key. I am thankful for being a member here. It has been the most informative part of learning about the car. The model I wanted and guided me throughout. Thank you everyone. It has contributed to me buying the car more than any advertising GM could ever do.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
It's only about 3 months until the 2015 model year, I wonder why they would not have waited until then to raise the prices? I wonder if they will raise them again when the 2015 is released? This doesn't change my desire for the car, but I might just have to do silver painted wheels vs. the chrome wheels to absorb the $2K. I can send them out and get them chrome plated for a little less than 1k. I might do that next year after the Volt is gone.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
This forum is amazing. Information is key. I am thankful for being a member here. It has been the most informative part of learning about the car. The model I wanted and guided me throughout. Thank you everyone. It has contributed to me buying the car more than any advertising GM could ever do.
I would also like to echo these words, without this forum I know I would not be as far along in my build process as I am. Thanks to all!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Just learned two things more:

1) The GM increase will effect all Corvettes built from 03/03/14 on, except for sold orders that were in the system before 03/03/14.
2) GM will make the official price announcement tomorrow.
John
None of the sales people I called are available, my car went into production today so am I safe from price increase?

·
18,670 Posts
It's only about 3 months until the 2015 model year, I wonder why they would not have waited until then to raise the prices? I wonder if they will raise them again when the 2015 is released?
Last Friday, a StingRay with low, low 17,000 VIN was produced. Latest projections are that approximately 34,000, 2014 StingRays will be produced -- with the last day of production being August 8th (later than typical). Guess GM is thinking that the production year is literally half over.

·
18,670 Posts
John
None of the sales people I called are available, my car went into production today so am I safe from price increase?
Your car is so far past 2,000 status, that I would sleep well tonight. To use GM's terminology, you are already a sold order.

Sweet dreams.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
If they did increase the price then perhaps they are going to offset it with incentives like they did with the Silverado.

We will likely NEVER see any incentives on Corvettes, especially since they sell everything they make and then some!
I respectfully disagree with the last comment. They will have leftover inventory come the model year switchover and at a minimum there will be model year closeout incentives. Remember, if they were building every one they sell there wouldn't be over 1000 C7's sitting in dealer stock right now and that number will continue to grow until dealers start passing on allocation and factory orders slow.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
The new GM employee/supplier pricing program that went into effect earlier this month, specifically excludes both the StingRay and the SS.
It was updated on the 21st when they rolled out a revamped site. Nothing preventing them from updating that list every week. I'm not saying I expect it but just because it was updated on the 21st doesn't mean it's written in stone.

CORRECTION: Program is GM employee pricing only; does not include suppliers.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
That is what I thought but when I read your line 1) The GM increase will effect all Corvettes built from 03/03/14 on, except for sold orders that were in the system before 03/03/14. it threw me off, thanks for calming my nerves but I still can't sleep because I am so excited that in about 4 weeks from now I will finally be driving the car I have originally ordered last year on Sept 29th from a local dealer, then Nov 7th from another local dealer until I saw the light and ordered from MacMulkin

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
It's only about 3 months until the 2015 model year, I wonder why they would not have waited until then to raise the prices? I wonder if they will raise them again when the 2015 is released? This doesn't change my desire for the car, but I might just have to do silver painted wheels vs. the chrome wheels to absorb the $2K. I can send them out and get them chrome plated for a little less than 1k. I might do that next year after the Volt is gone.
Actually, it's 5 months until the switchover and at least 6 months before the first 2015's are on dealer lots.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think this Sucks for those of us getting a 2015. T
his just means Im going to have to renegotiate my price.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I think this Sucks for those of us getting a 2015. T
his just means Im going to have to renegotiate my price.
Just to make you even sicker, there will probably be at least another 3% increase on 2015's. Possibly offset by some option reshuffling but historically they always increase pricing on a model year switchover unless it's a redesign on a car / truck that's been losing market share (can anyone spell Silverado......) FYI, not slamming the new truck, I bought a 2014 off the lot in October with the pre increase MSRP and was able to apply post increase incentives. Got a $38K truck for $30,500.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Just to make you even sicker, there will probably be at least another 3% increase on 2015's. Possibly offset by some option reshuffling but historically they always increase pricing on a model year switchover unless it's a redesign on a car / truck that's been losing market share (can anyone spell Silverado......) FYI, not slamming the new truck, I bought a 2014 off the lot in October with the pre increase MSRP and was able to apply post increase incentives. Got a $38K truck for $30,500.
the issue I had a $3500 off sticker price and now that discount is gone. the only thing to show for it is a New Year 2015, New Color Tiger Shark Gray and the PDR all of witch I:m getting. I was going to get the Slective Ride with the Z51 not sure that is staying. did not have it on my 08' Just the Z51 and only drove the car 8,200 miles in 5 years. not sure i will miss something I never had.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Does anybody know of any other details affecting price? So far I see a price on the base and Z51, but also an option price increase on the MAG. Curious what other options have changed in price.

·
18,670 Posts
If MSRC is offered as a stand-alone option, withOUT needing to first get the Z-51 package, then it will be a major price decrease for those who just want MSRC.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the MSRC is worth the $$$ with the Z51?

21 - 40 of 160 Posts