Stingray Corvette Forum banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I am a little interested in what this price increase will do to the residual value of previously purchased C7's? The situation with used model S Tesla's comes to mind .

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am a little interested in what this price increase will do to the residual value of previously purchased C7's? The situation with used model S Tesla's come to mind .
Simply it is added equity. All 2014 C7s are now worth (relative term) the new MSRP if they were new. Purchased vehicles are not new, but as the price of the vehicles to be produced increases, a percentage of that increase is added to our vehicles. The question is how much would it cost to acquire the vehicle going forward? The answer would be the new MSRP. Good for those who already purchased and a slight hit for those planning on buying a C7.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I am a little interested in what this price increase will do to the residual value of previously purchased C7's? The situation with used model S Tesla's comes to mind .
Whatever increase value it adds will be short term for two reasons, one, once supply surpasses demand dealers will start discounting (more than some do already) and two, now that you can buy C7's at GM suppliers prices will also lower the value. However I will note that just because C7's now fall under GM supplier pricing doesn't mean dealers will honor it as it's optional but in time some dealers will.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Whatever increase value it adds will be short term for two reasons, one, once supply surpasses demand dealers will start discounting (more than some do already) and two, now that you can buy C7's at GM suppliers prices will also lower the value. However I will note that just because C7's now fall under GM supplier pricing doesn't mean dealers will honor it as it's optional but in time some dealers will.
You do realize that, unless GM holds a special sales program (which they have done at times,) you have to be qualified to receive Supplier pricing. Admittedly, many companies qualify as suppliers, so a significant amount of potential customers qualify. However you still need to get info from your employer's HR department to enter in the GM supplier website, to get a supplier purchase authorization. It is not a general public discount program.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
You do realize that, unless GM holds a special sales program (which they have done at times,) you have to be qualified to receive Supplier pricing. Admittedly, many companies qualify as suppliers, so a significant amount of potential customers qualify. However you still need to get info from your employer's HR department to enter in the GM supplier website, to get a supplier purchase authorization. It is not a general public discount program.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum
Yes and figured most folks after reading this discussion would understand that but good to point that out again so there's no confusion as to who can and who can not get a discount under this program. I'll also point out that because of the power of the internet and forums like this it won't be long before folks know who is getting the supplier discount and what dealers are giving it. This can be both positive and negative. As people who don't fall under the suppliers program will walk into dealers demanding it because so and so got it or it will drive C7 business to smaller dealers willing to either give the discount or at least come close enough.

But I will say it again it's a supply and demand business like anything else and until supply is greater than demand dealers don't have to discount. Just read the average supply of C7's is 7 days where as the general supply for GM vehicles is 60 days so getting any real discounts will be tough until C7's start sitting on dealer lots for 60 days or more..

·
Registered
211 Posts
Frankie,
I have to say this is capitalism, supply/demand market. When you go to put your house on the market are you not going to post it at a higher price when there is a big demand? if you had 10 offers on your home the 1st day would you not think hmmm, this is a hot home let me raise the sale price another 10k? I would in a heartbeat :rolleyes:
I understand capitalism and I'm all for it but I don't think I would be raising prices if there were 10 other houses for sale on my block.
Again big dealers have an overflow of c7s they need to move.
There r many that will buy a car off those lots than order one at the jacked up price.
Hey -
I'm in love with this car but don't kid yourself the Ray is not as hot as you think!
Many many unsold vehicles... Just check out the Kerbeck web site!

Alias Frankie!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Be thankful you can buy one. I think we are Ll out I our allocation in Canada which means I settle for something or wait for the 2015's come out. I also see Kerbeck having lots of stock and think about importing one. My only problem is this will be my first brand new vette and I don't really want to compromise on things. This will be my dream vette where I will be the first to drive it, to own it. I guess count yourself lucky you can still get one, even if you may have to pay a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
18,670 Posts
I understand capitalism and I'm all for it but I don't think I would be raising prices if there were 10 other houses for sale on my block.Again big dealers have an overflow of c7s they need to move. There r many that will buy a car off those lots than order one at the jacked up price. Hey - I'm in love with this car but don't kid yourself the Ray is not as hot as you think!
Many many unsold vehicles... Just check out the Kerbeck web site! Alias Frankie!
Count in whatever cars on whatever lots that you want, and the StingRay has an overall seven day average stay on dealership lots -- when the industry "desired average" is 60 days for a model, and often is much higher than that. Even Kerbeck's inventory is less than 5% of their annual allocation.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Point well taken elegant...
Kerbeck still has 58 cars for sale on their lot and another 25 or so on the way.

You got the money? You can have a car tomorrow! Plenty to choose from. I would be interested in knowing how much sales have increased since the price hike.

Alias Frankie!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Wow almost got the run around.
Decided to drop by my local dealer to make sure my oct price is licked in. The dude says (the general manager) it depends when they build it.
A swing and a miss!

Thanks to all that post on this forum. I told him to check again. He came back with the right answer.

He also told me he was unable to show me his z51 allocation.
Is this normal?

Alias Frankie!

·
Registered
118 Posts
My dealer who is still waiting allocation just confirmed that my old price is locked in.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

Sent from my iPhone

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Wow almost got the run around.
Decided to drop by my local dealer to make sure my oct price is licked in. The dude says (the general manager) it depends when they build it.
A swing and a miss!

Thanks to all that post on this forum. I told him to check again. He came back with the right answer.

He also told me he was unable to show me his z51 allocation.
Is this normal?

Alias Frankie!
Oh, Frankie... You are only locked in to the old price for a 2014. If he slips to model year 2015 it will require a new order, which means the 2015 price.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The big mystery on allocations. I don't understand why dealers can't be straight forward when placing orders. ?

·
18,670 Posts
Dealers get an allocation sheet which shows the allocation for each category, e.g. coupes and, separately, convertibles. Next year there will be a third category, Z06's. Have seen several allocation sheets, but never one which separately lists Z-51 models.

When dealers have allocation, their requests go into that week's "allocation pot." As GM is currently able to produce an average of 152 cars per day, or 760 per full week, approximately 380 Z-51's will be built each week, and thus would be available for the next week's consensus. Here's the rub that will not be good news to you, is that GM will award a huge, disproportionate percentage of those Z-51's to their largest selling dealerships. Does not mean that a dealer with an allocation one coupe, or one convertible will never get one, but the chances of that are much less than the chances of the largest dealerships getting a large percentage of their Z-51's. For example, a forum member who gave MacMulkin a deposit for a Z-51 a few days ago, was told by Tommy Jr. that he would have his Z-51 for him in May.

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
The big mystery on allocations. I don't understand why dealers can't be straight forward when placing orders. ��

All they know is how many they are guaranteed to get. However, they don't know exactly when they will get them.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I get that for 2015
We were talking about the 2014 build.
Definitely trying to jack me around. A general manager should know that he needs to stand behind the oct price.

And thanks to elegant for the reply.

Alias Frankie!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I get that for 2015
We were talking about the 2014 build.
Definitely trying to jack me around. A general manager should know that he needs to stand behind the oct price.

And thanks to elegant for the reply.

Alias Frankie!
I'm on my second dealer with all the run arounds I'm getting ?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I'm on my second dealer with all the run arounds I'm getting ��

I was on my 2nd dealer in January held hostage 1100, then I said enough is enough and ordered from MacMulkin, see the rest in my signature, end of story :cool: I am happy as a kite

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ordering a Z51 from a small dealer is like buying a lottery ticket.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
14 Posts
My Salesman came by my work yesterday to let me know that they have spoke with GM and have worked out that either, the price increase would not effect me, or the dealership would get a rebate check back. I placed my order in November paid $5,000 down and still waiting on the allocation. The dealership was promised by GM three more Z51 in the next eight weeks, then the 2015 orders could be placed with new pricing. Hope they hold up there in of the deal.

My dealer who is still waiting allocation just confirmed that my old price is locked in.

Sent from my iPhone

141 - 160 of 160 Posts