Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dress up your new Stingray engine compartment with our new Smoothie fuel rail covers and center plenum. We smooth factory parts to have a smooth finish which results in the highest lustre. Any color combination is available. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Fuel Rail Covers
Stingray Smoothie Fuel Rail Covers - Show Stopper Accessories

Smoothie plenum
Stingray Smoothie Engine Plenum Cover - Show Stopper Accessories

View attachment 3085
View attachment 3086
View attachment 3087
View attachment 3088
View attachment 3089

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just ordered the carbon flash plenum and aw rails. Great talking to them and great overall experience. Thanks again and can't wait to see these on my Ray...

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's awesome!!

Barb

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
6 Posts
we have the laguna blue c7 stingray. what's the charge for this upgrade? laguna blue fuel rails and black plenum

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
How about getting it done in chrome?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
The center?
Not sure, was just wondering if it could be done. Just haven't seen many pictures of engine bays that have been dressed up with anything other then body coloured pieces. I want an "old school" engine bay with lots of chrome. This car is going to be my hot rod.

·
Registered
993 Posts
How about getting it done in chrome?
I can't answer for the vendor per se.
But my personal experience with plating is that plastic, fiberglass, or whatever the cover is made from can be chrome plated. Triple plating (copper base, nickel, then the chrome) is done over a painted on electrostatic base coat. The problem you will encounter is that the electrostatic paint breaks down and loses adhesion with engine heat. Smaller parts with more angles and bends seem to survive ok. The larger parts with larger flat or smooth curves will eventually bubble.
Options I see:
1) Chrome paint instead of plating
2) Get a metal cover fabricated and have it plated

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not sure, was just wondering if it could be done. Just haven't seen many pictures of engine bays that have been dressed up with anything other then body coloured pieces. I want an "old school" engine bay with lots of chrome. This car is going to be my hot rod.
Anything is possible. We would have to look into it

1 - 20 of 205 Posts