Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw the news saying it will come with a turbo V8 packed with 785hp, any one can confirm this?

If this is true that will be the most exciting things for the new Corvette.

The news source is from here

·
Registered
504 Posts
That would be a monster to drive.

·
Registered
476 Posts
That would be a monster to drive.
nah.. it be like a tame lil kitten till u get on the throttle.. then dont blink or u will miss ur exit..

great thing with turbos is they can tune them to stay at 5psi or whatever psi they want per throttle % and gear you're in..
Im at about 650HP (567wHP) on my Stingray.. It is awesome

·
18,670 Posts
Could be. Thanks for finding and posting "MyCorvettes!"

According to Tadge Juechter there will not be a ZR1 in the seventh generation. GM's has also said this will be a real short generation. However, those denials mean absolutely nothing, for just months before the 2015 Z06 was announced, Mark Reuss (# 3 at GM), sat with the Car & Driver Executive team, looked right at the video camera, said that "there has been no discussions within GM about a Z06." This then lead to further speculation by C&D that it was going to be called a Z07 instead.

Also, GM has promised us, as recently as the last generation, that this was going to be a short generation -- and the C6 was long, at 9 years. The implication about the C7 being a short generation was that with the new powerhouse 2015 Z06, there would be no time nor need for a ZR1 for the current generation. I believe that the rumor, if true is at least one year optimistic, as I am hearing, unconfirmed, that 2016 will being forth a "GrandSport" wide-body equivalent, i.e a 460 HP StingRay clothed in a Z06 wide-body -- containing as mandatory/standard equipment, the StingRay's NPP, Z-51 and MSRC options.

As with all rumors, could prove to be true or false. If true, heard it first from "MyCorvettes" here. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts