Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'd like to introduce myself.
My forum name is Niner and I'm a motoholic.
Errr... I mean I'm a full time teacher who enjoys motorcycles, cars, hiking, fishing, and designing & supplying shirts in his spare time.

I was invited to join the exciting world of www.StingrayForums.com a short while ago and there has been some talks (behind the scenes) about official apparel.
I see this invitation as an exciting opportunity to work with you guys!

Now, I work a little differently than most traditional vendors.
Let me explain:

I'm a guy that loves to see an idea become a reality. I am also a strong believer in democracy!

What I strive to provide to the forum is an outlet for the members to collaborate on a ideal [apparel] and, ultimately, produce a product that the majority of you liked enough to vote on [democracy] and wear on your bodies!

What I've done in the past (and what I hope to do here in the future):

- I start an idea discussion/"brainstorm" thread and get the creative masses stirring.
- Once some designs are articulated or produced (I'm sure there are some artists /Photoshop gurus on here), I start a poll and we vote on our favorite submission!
- That submission is "proofed" onto a shirt.
- After all the kinks are hammered out, I round up everyone who is interested (minimum of 25).
- I collect all the funds (before I place the official order).*
- I place the order through a trusted shop.
- Once the order is fulfilled, the shirts are shipped to me and I personally package/ship them out to you!

I've successfully pulled this off on a motorcycle forum that I belong to and the end results were awesome! :cool:

I hope to listen to you, work with you, and learn from you!

-Niner

* I come fully "vetted" (heh heh heh - see what I did there?) and you have nothing to worry about in terms of receiving what is promised.

But before we roll out the brainstorm threads, the mods and I have come up with the first design in 3 variations (Stingray, Z06, & Z51)!

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,695 Posts
Sounds neat. One suggestion I had read from a member (Valpo YnB) that the color of his car be available if a T-shirt was offered. So my suggestion would be all the current colors of the C7 be offered once a design is picked. I know one thing, I'll be in for a few. :cool:

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sounds neat. One suggestion I had read from a member that the color of his car be available if a T-shirt was offered. So my suggestion would be all the current colors of the C7 be offered once a design is picked. I know one thing, I'll be in for a few. :cool:
Great question!
The answer is a bit tricky:
Theoretically, YES! I would be able to get the design printed on any color shirt.
HOWEVER, there would need to be a minimum order of 25 shirts for each specific color.

I've learned that this often leads to a splintered demand for many different colors, but rarely ever enough to fulfill one complete order.

For example:
Let's say there were five people who wanted the design printed on a yellow shirt.
Five people who wanted the design printed on a red shirt.
Five people who wanted the design printed on a black shirt.
Five people who wanted the design printed on a pink shirt.
Five people who wanted the design printed on a gray shirt.

Now all together there is interest for 25 shirts. (YAY!) However, not a single color shirt has reached the minimum threshold of 25.
So in that example no consensus is reach and no shirts would be ordered. (BOO!)

That's why I tend to pick one color that most people can live with and offer to print the shirts on that.

...But if there is enough interest, we can make it happen!

·
18,670 Posts
Thanks Niner for getting us to this point.

First, having different StingRay, Z -51 and Z06 shirts, all of which each would need 25 orders, and then adding in at least twelve initial colors (soon 14) each needing 25 orders, results in an almost order threshold impossibility IMO.

Personally prefer giving up being able to get a specific color shirt for having a Z06 specific shirt. Niner, would you please post the pictures of the concept shirts you, I and jsvette started with, including both fronts and back, for the StingRay, Z-51 and Z06 in the charcoal gray, e.g. the six ones we agreed on as a starting concept shirts? Thank you very much!

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Niner for getting us to this point.

First, having different StingRay, Z -51 and Z06 shirts, all of which each would need 25 orders, and then adding in ten colors, each needing 25 orders, results in an almost order threshold impossibility IMO.

Personally prefer giving up being able to get a specific color shirt for having a Z06 specific shirt. Niner, would you please post the pictures of the concept shirts you, I and jsvette started with, including both fronts and back, for the StingRay, Z-51 and Z06 in the charcoal gray, e.g. the six ones we agreed on as a starting concept shirts? Thank you very much!
You're no fun!
You've ruined my big teaser for tomorrow!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I would like to see a design created that would instantly be recognized by our fellow members. It would conjure up a feeling of excitement. It would incorporate our beautiful C7. It probably wouldn't need many, if any words. Think of it as a secret handshake. I like Norm's idea of color matching, but maybe we could start off with white, just to get started and see how it goes after that. Or you could say, which ever color is first to get 25 orders that order will be filled. It could start a race.
Just some basic comments, only, to get this started.
John

Reactions: Niner

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would like to see a design created that would instantly be recognized by our fellow members. It would conjure up a feeling of excitement. It would incorporate our beautiful C7. It probably wouldn't need many, if any words. Think of it as a secret handshake. I like Norm's idea of color matching, but maybe we could start off with white, just to get started and see how it goes after that. Or you could say, which ever color is first to get 25 orders that order will be filled. It could start a race.
Just some basic comments, only, to get this started.
John
Thanks for feedback already!
I look forward to picking all your brains for ideas in the near future.
At the moment, the mods and I have a design (with 3 variations) that we hope you'll enjoy!

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Niner,

I like the idea of having apparel that members can wear that supports this forum. Personally the way I feel about this particular forum is that it is a cut above the other Corvette forums. There are no politics, trolling, name calling here that permeates the other forums. Members here are respectful of each other's opinions and I believe just a more classier bunch.

So with that being said, I think instead of a T-shirt I would suggest a polo/golf type shirt that reflects the professionalism of the staff here, the classiness of its members, and something I would proudly wear at any venue.

I have probably 100-150 T's I've gotten over the years, most are stored in tubs out in the shed. I wear a core 4-5 t-shirts around the house (mostly club related) and one from here would probably go in the storage tub. :) I don't wear T's to go out to dinner (which is a lot), I mostly wear polos.

Maybe you can offer a T and a polo, probably would pretty much cover the member's wishes.:)

Thanks,

Norm

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Couldn't agree more, Norm. I play a lot of golf and could always use a couple more polos.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Maybe you can offer a T and a polo, probably would pretty much cover the member's wishes.:)
Polo's are a good idea along with T's. Personally, I wear a collar 9 hours a day, 5 days a week, and can't wait to put on a T when I get home and get a little sun on my *******. But there's always room in the closet for a Stingrayforums.com polo. I think a lot of people would buy both, pretty much covering any activity/event where one could proudly display our logo.

Whatever is decided as far as color is fine with me. I'm buying based on it being a Stingrayforums.com shirt, first and foremost.

Since it's July, I'm sure no one has thought about...............................sweatshirts!

Reactions: Fish and Niner

·
Administrator
16,510 Posts
Great suggestion Norm! Quality polo shirt would be very nice indeed.:cool:

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What shop do you get the shirts printed through?
My friend owns Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services, a small shop that does incredible work!
Niner,

I like the idea of having apparel that members can wear that supports this forum. Personally the way I feel about this particular forum is that it is a cut above the other Corvette forums. There are no politics, trolling, name calling here that permeates the other forums. Members here are respectful of each other's opinions and I believe just a more classier bunch.

So with that being said, I think instead of a T-shirt I would suggest a polo/golf type shirt that reflects the professionalism of the staff here, the classiness of its members, and something I would proudly wear at any venue.

I have probably 100-150 T's I've gotten over the years, most are stored in tubs out in the shed. I wear a core 4-5 t-shirts around the house (mostly club related) and one from here would probably go in the storage tub. :) I don't wear T's to go out to dinner (which is a lot), I mostly wear polos.

Thanks,

Norm
Couldn't agree more, Norm. I play a lot of golf and could always use a couple more polos.
Polo's are a good idea along with T's. Personally, I wear a collar 9 hours a day, 5 days a week, and can't wait to put on a T when I get home and get a little sun on my *******. But there's always room in the closet for a Stingrayforums.com polo. I think a lot of people would buy both, pretty much covering any activity/event where one could proudly display our logo.

Whatever is decided as far as color is fine with me. I'm buying based on it being a Stingrayforums.com shirt, first and foremost.

Since it's July, I'm sure no one has thought about...............................sweatshirts!
Great suggestion Norm! Quality polo shirt would be very nice indeed.:cool:
I'm loving all the feedback.
I have a feeling our next project (which will be collective) will be for a classy StingrayForums.com polo!

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Another suggestion, if a polo is in the works, maybe a ghost or subdued embroidered logo, yes I know a little pricy, these guys will spring for it. :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
PLEASE INCLUDE A POCKET as standard equipment on polo and tee for the reading-glass set! I have stopped buying shirts with no pocket; add'l cost, if any, is insignificant. And yes, polos would be more often worn when out in public.

Reactions: Norm and CHeckk6

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PLEASE INCLUDE A POCKET as standard equipment on polo and tee for the reading-glass set! I have stopped buying shirts with no pocket; add'l cost, if any, is insignificant. And yes, polos would be more often worn when out in public.
I'm not sure how I feel about a pocket on a T shirt.
However, we can put the pocket on a polo to a vote.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
Even Tommy Bahama puts pockets on their tee's.

Reactions: Niner and KEYSMAN

·
Registered
281 Posts
Personally, I would prefer no pocket. Just my $0.02.

Reactions: rcasares and Niner

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I'm not sure how I feel about a pocket on a T shirt.
However, we can put the pocket on a polo to a vote.
I've never been a fan of pockets on polos or T's. Maybe a vote would be a good idea.

·
Registered
232 Posts
What's the downside to a pocket other than "feelings"? How does it detract? There's a bonafide use, not to mention upgrading it from a $9.99 appearance category. A pocket won't detract from sales, but non-pocket might.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts