Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to convert my lease on my daily driver so that I will have it for much longer. I have a base 1lt C7 Stingray. She drives amazing and get many heads a turning no matter where I go. My push to go to a C8 isn't near as much as it used to be.

I do however want some additional power. Little more under the hood. Have seem many cool options. Not huge car guy, love my car, but I don't know that much. I need some help.

• Have a 8K-12K Budget (Maybe more, for the right situation)
  • Don't want cams
  • Want 640+ HP
  • Heard positive things about Procharger, ECS and Magnuson Superchargers
  • Live in Las Vegas, so cooling is important
  • Don't want to change my hood (racing stripes)
Any opinions out there on solutions?
Any opinions out there on shops on the west coast?

·
Administrator
15,760 Posts
Welcome to our forum txtdawgs (and fellow Las Vegan :cool: ). As a start re your need for power, put the word supercharger in our Search Community, and you will see a number of related posts Search results for query: supercharger. Is your C7 image from Valley of Fire or Red Rock?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to our forum txtdawgs (and fellow Las Vegan :cool: ). As a start re your need for power, put the word supercharger in our Search Community, and you will see a number of related posts Search results for query: supercharger. Is your C7 image from Valley of Fire or Red Rock?
It is from Red Rock. I took "Safire" out there the weekend I got her April 2019 for some pictures.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wonder if you can just do a super charger install without the headers and all that junk? I know it would have to be tuned. But even a gain of 75hp would be fine with me.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Generally when you start getting over 600hp on LT1, you get into meth/alky, headers, piston change etc and more stress on the engine.

Those of us with bolt-on Superchargers pick up about additional 125hp are running 540-555 rwhp and 535-550rwtq and about 620-640 at the crank.

These numbers just for comparison or benchmark, the average C7 Z06 dynos at around 545-555rwhp however some of the big performance shops Vengeance and WeaponX have seen some stock Z06's dyno at 572 and 585 but they seem to be the exception and thus higher than the average.

That said, I don't know how you plan to drive the car but 640hp is alot and not sure how the road manners will be but my 550ish is plenty for whoever pulls next to me be Mustang 5.0, Mopar Gang Squad or even big brother Z06 all are surprised that who they thought they would pick on wasn't so little. LOL :)

Lastly, drive-ability was a key point in making my decision on how much power as under normal driving conditions you would not know the power that it has in normal city driving or long distance cruising it drives OEM. It is only when you mash the gas pedal do you learn that there is more there when you needed it. :)

PS: You mentioned the popular names IE: Procharger, ECS and Magnuson Superchargers but you left out one which is what I have A&A Corvette Supercharger which has a strong track record as well and It is the only centrifugal supercharger designed specifically for the Corvette. I also like because my engine bay remains looking stock.
36FA8D18-163A-4298-97F4-B56EECA0FA44.jpeg

·
Registered
570 Posts
See my post #10 on this first thread NA 550-600hp build:

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I also have an A&A supercharger and am more than pleased with the performance and reliability. It is the only centrifugal supercharger designed specifically for the Corvette and it has some heavier duty components than a ProCharger or Vortech. Mine dynoed at 535 RWHP (about 640 at the crank) running a conservative 7 PSI.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would go with procharger and if possible, headers. You will need to modify suspension to Z51 stabalizer and shocks for wheel hop. You will need a tuner...extra 750 on initial tune...must register. It will be hard to hook up that power so be prepared for different rubber. Obviously reliable installer. Promaster could recommend in Vegas.
I have headers, cold air and tune and has around 520 at the crank. about max power to hook up with factory tires...still got to be awake. I upgraded my 2LT to Z51 bar and shocks. Quick.

Decided to convert my lease on my daily driver so that I will have it for much longer. I have a base 1lt C7 Stingray. She drives amazing and get many heads a turning no matter where I go. My push to go to a C8 isn't near as much as it used to be.

I do however want some additional power. Little more under the hood. Have seem many cool options. Not huge car guy, love my car, but I don't know that much. I need some help.

• Have a 8K-12K Budget (Maybe more, for the right situation)
  • Don't want cams
  • Want 640+ HP
  • Heard positive things about Procharger, ECS and Magnuson Superchargers
  • Live in Las Vegas, so cooling is important
  • Don't want to change my hood (racing stripes)
Any opinions out there on solutions?
Any opinions out there on shops on the west coast?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Generally when you start getting over 600hp on LT1, you get into meth/alky, headers, piston change etc and more stress on the engine.

Those of us with bolt-on Superchargers pick up about additional 125hp are running 540-555 rwhp and 535-550rwtq and about 620-640 at the crank.

These numbers just for comparison or benchmark, the average C7 Z06 dynos at around 545-555rwhp however some of the big performance shops Vengeance and WeaponX have seen some stock Z06's dyno at 572 and 585 but they seem to be the exception and thus higher than the average.

That said, I don't know how you plan to drive the car but 640hp is alot and not sure how the road manners will be but my 550ish is plenty for whoever pulls next to me be Mustang 5.0, Mopar Gang Squad or even big brother Z06 all are surprised that who they thought they would pick on wasn't so little. LOL :)

Lastly, drive-ability was a key point in making my decision on how much power as under normal driving conditions you would not know the power that it has in normal city driving or long distance cruising it drives OEM. It is only when you mash the gas pedal do you learn that there is more there when you needed it. :)

PS: You mentioned the popular names IE: Procharger, ECS and Magnuson Superchargers but you left out one which is what I have A&A Corvette Supercharger which has a strong track record as well and It is the only centrifugal supercharger designed specifically for the Corvette. I also like because my engine bay remains looking stock. View attachment 277542
Where did you get your plenum cover?! It's Awesome!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts