Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A stock StingRay, "zero mods," 500 miles on it, just ran 11.67 quarter mile, @ 119.67 -- with standard NHRA correction factors. Interesting how many magazine and other analysts couldn't even get a 12.0 second quarter mile, nor could they get to 119 MPH -- both GM's stated performance capabilities for the 2014 Corvette.

Looks like the "amateurs" can do it better.

Here's the video, then a picture showing four different 1/4 runs, all with lower ETA's and higher trap speeds than GM claimed.

And here are the actual time-slips:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Cool!!! :cool:

·
Registered
579 Posts
What tires?
Mine spins 2nd let alone 1st. Is cold here..
Try it on a drag strip U wont spin that much, Also that car was a automatic listen to the shifts.. :cool:

·
Registered
476 Posts
I was on drag strip.. lebanon valley speedway.. it is 650ft higher then atco.. near end of day started hooking a lil better after track warmed up a lil & got 60ft down to 1.97 but still spun in top of 1st & on shift to 2nd.. 3rd a lil.. 4th a lil
Def can see a 11.8 in the car if it hooked.. losing time on spinning on shifts 2nd, 3rd, & 4th..
VBox recorded 4.0sec 0-60mph with 1ft roll out .. stingray said 3.8sec (that cant be right lol)

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stick or auto??
It's was a 6-speed automatic, Z51 with MSRC.

Note that the above times were done by an accomplished drag-master "Snorman!"

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's was a 6-speed automatic, Z51 with MSRC.

Note that the above times were done by an accomplished drag-master "Snorman!"
umm its an auto not much skill needed LoL.. no offense.. I also have another drag car that is auto they are faster.. and way easier

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ya it's auto. U can hear it. Also z51 makes 0-60 in 3.8. Vs 4.1/4.3 for non z51

1 - 11 of 11 Posts