Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_3345 (1).JPG

I installed the stoptech sport brake pads [aka stoptech street performance] on my c7 z51 and wanted to post initial report after 1000 miles.
The install was done on existing stock rotor after sanding them.

the pad looks different and does not have the wear indicator as the picture above shows. the rabbit ears/weights on the stock brembo pads are for noise control as per the stoptech company rep and the stoptech pads do not have them. I was initally apprehensive about this but the pads are quieter than stock and comparable to the stock pads in street driving in terms of dust and performance.

I picked them because this seemed a good pad for the handful of track days I attend without compromising street performance. they are rated for 1300F. They are also inexpensive. I will update after some on track time next year. I posted the model numbers as some vendors don't have z51 fitment. These partnumbers are from my order if anyone else wants to try them.
The stock pads did fine for 20 min track sessions but i did boil the dot3 fluid and had to switch to the recommended DOT4 fluid.

StopTech Street Performance Brake Pads
Front Pads - Full Set
2015 Chevy Corvette
Part #: 309.10010
$74.72

StopTech Street Performance Brake Pads
Rear Pads - Full Set
2015 Chevy Corvette
Part #: 309.17180
$57.56

StopTech High Performance Racing Brake Fluid
$15.99

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
If I can suggest changing your brake fluid to Castrol SRF. Much higher wet and dry point! It is expensive, but if you compare it to any other brake fluid, it appears to be the best of the best!

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I missed this thread initially.....thanks Promethius for posting your comments as well.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
ryalaman455, very informative thread for every SRF member, an upgrade that outperforms a stock part can be beneficial in wear and tear and cost.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wanted to post an update after 1 year and a few thousand miles and 2 track days. The stoptech pads are holding up well with no squeaks. They held fine for the 4 20 min hpde sessions at each track day.
Appreciate the input on Castro srf.

·
Registered
121 Posts
?

·
Registered
660 Posts
No fade on the track?
No pad deposits on the rotor?

I ask because I get a little fade. I also get a lot of deposits on the rotor causing a pulsing feel until I brake hard a few times and remove it. I'm using Hawk street race. Granted if I did my braking harder and shorter I probably would not have an issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry for the late response. I do get some pad deposits and brake shudder after track days that lasts a few days before the depsoits are removed by normal street driving.
I haven't experienced fade. But, I'm only doing four 20mins runs spread through out the day.
The dust buildup is comparable to stock z51 pads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts