Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one makes no sense. After giving her a good wash and wax over the weekend, with some actual sun out finally, I decided to take a few pics. In the first one notice the stingray emblem. Now I had grey and blue on so it was not a reflection of my clothes. The sun was on the driver's side and there was nothing around me that was red or yellow. I took the second pic a few minutes later from just about the same spot, and the colors were gone. Taking the second picture, no matter how I moved the phone, I could never get it to replicate the colors. It's very weird but it almost seems like it picked up some prism colors on the emblem.

15 vette mod stingray colors.jpg

15 vette mod stingray clean.jpg

·
Administrator
15,034 Posts
I don't think it was off of the emblem itself, refracting or creating a prism. In an enlarged view, the green is from the trees (also seen in your wheel), and possibly you reflected between the red and green. The red almost looks like a logo on a jar, for example, wax or something like that. There is another possibility which I think is more probably, if you look at the image enlarged, you can see what possibly is a red reflection off of your neighbors house or car (not sure which), barely visible just above the back of your hood scoop. That reflection could have bounced off of your phone back onto your emblem and been captured in your first picture.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts