Stingray Corvette Forum banner

181 - 199 of 199 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,275 Posts
Please welcome new member Mattsvette to StingrayForums. I have merged his post into this thread to maintain continuity with this issue.

·
Administrator
15,015 Posts
Welcome to our forum Mattsvette, sorry to read of your issues. This thread may be able to provide you some help.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Has anyone found a solution to the warble? I've now experienced it. It seems to happen when going uphill at low-ish RPMs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Yes, GM has determined it is the differential, either bad gears or bearings. I authored the post on the forum and some have had entire rear end changed and some have had the drivers side rear end carrier cover which I assume has a bearing in there replaced with success. Check out the forum post on warble sound occasionally, tons of post on there. I hope U have a good dealer who will work with you. GM tech support and Eng, know of this problem but sometimes they get amnesia. You will have to be persistent and push your dealer to get it fixed so don't give up. This noise is not normal so don't let the dealer tell you that.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Thanks bjones! I'll do some forum searches. My fear is that I'll bring it in and they'll drive it for miles while being "unable to reproduce the problem".

·
Administrator
15,015 Posts
Thanks bjones! I'll do some forum searches. My fear is that I'll bring it in and they'll drive it for miles while being "unable to reproduce the problem".
Before you bring it in, have a passenger video/audio tape the sound so that you can play it for your service manager.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Suggest you do a test drive and find an area near the dealership that is conducive to making the car warble, mine did it best on an incline feathering the gas at 1500 RPM. I did the driving when I took my car in because I knew the sweet spot, tech rode with me each time. Good luck with it Be persistent, U paid a lot of money for the car make them make it right.

·
Registered
8 Posts
have a 2019 Stingray A8 and started hearing the WARBLE at 400 miles, I thought GM would have this corrected by now.
Anyone else with a 2019 having this issue.
have 850 miles on now and getting discouraged in driving this car, having many regrets in buying it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Take it to your dealer and keep after them until they fix it. I too would have thought GM would have fixed this by now. I still read on the corvette forum guys still having problems as you are. GM knows the problem and the fix so take it in. Good luck with it, keep us posted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
what a waste of time taking it to my dealer, tech drove car, tried to tell him 1500 RPM light throttle, in one ear out the other, kept blaming exhaust.
wanted him to listen to video/audio, no luck there either.
just brushed everything off as normal.
Told him about GM knowing the problem, got no where there either.
Wish I could get a hold of GM, I know I can go to a different dealer that may know something on 1500 WARBLE noise, why should I have to chase around to find
a dealer that knows what's going on.
I thought this dealer would know something as they do sell a lot of Vetts

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
what a waste of time taking it to my dealer, tech drove car, tried to tell him 1500 RPM light throttle, in one ear out the other, kept blaming exhaust.
wanted him to listen to video/audio, no luck there either.
just brushed everything off as normal.
Told him about GM knowing the problem, got no where there either.
Wish I could get a hold of GM, I know I can go to a different dealer that may know something on 1500 WARBLE noise, why should I have to chase around to find
a dealer that knows what's going on.
I thought this dealer would know something as they do sell a lot of Vetts
Very frustrating. If you want to stay with this dealer, I suggest you politely go up the chain of command (service manager, general manager and if need be, the owner). I've had to do this twice (not with my Corvette) and both efforts were successful. The phrase "I would like to speak with your boss" has worked well for me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Agree but all dealers are different so be patient and persistent and take it to a different dealer if you have to. Do as Henry427 suggest and if no results go to different dealer or look in your warranty booklet and get the number and website to GM and shoot them an email or phone call. Here is Mary Barra's email: [email protected] she will never see it but one of her assistance's will get back to you. Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks bjones, I did send an email off to Mary Barra, hope this is a good start.
will let you know what she has to say.

Update:
Just received a call from GM, will be contacting my dealer to help with my concerns, and will be sending me a case number.
It's a start.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 A8 and had the warble. It took a few visits to the dealer but they were able to fix it by replacing a cover and 2 seals. If it will help anyone, here are the part numbers they replaced.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Yea have seen this before where the differential cover and I assume seals and bearings ar part of the cover, glad they fixed U up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Good for you, like U say it is a start so stay after them. Paid to much money to have your car make that noise.

·
Registered
8 Posts
taking vehicle back to dealer again next Tuesday, last time in could not hear the warble, even though when I took one of the techs on a ride he did hear it,
they wanted me to leave it for the day to look into it further, that went nowhere.
Yesterday I checked the fluid level on differential and ended up adding 3/4 of a qt. warble sound has all but disappeared, but still hear it very slightly, will try
to get some miles on it before next Tuesday to see if the sound comes back, which I believe it will. We'll see, but it is nice driving the car now without hearing that awful warble.

181 - 199 of 199 Posts